yconic - Queen's Commerce or Schulich???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce or Schulich???

A photo of ninaaftermath ninaaftermath
I'm deciding between two of the best business schools. Please give me some useful inputs! I'm leaning towards the accounting stream, so i heard Schulich is good for accounting. Queen's is offering me 10k though :/ i don't know what to do!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of sadly sadly

@ninaaftermath wrote
I'm deciding between two of the best business schools. Please give me some useful inputs! I'm leaning towards the accounting stream, so i heard Schulich is good for accounting. Queen's is offering me 10k though :/ i don't know what to do!

Queens, 10k+better program

Schulich is overrated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
If its accounting for sure and you live in the GTA (able to commute), take schulich

otherwise QC all the way..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@sadly wrote

@ninaaftermath wrote

Queens, 10k+better program

Schulich is overrated

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
10k at Queen's is nice. If this was finance and not accounting, I would say QC all the way. But instead I will say choose the one that you would prefer to go to- consider rez, campus, atmosphere, social life, people, tuition, city, etc.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ayani Ayani

@ninaaftermath wrote

10k? That's amazing. Take it.

Queen's campus is WAY BETTER than York campus... although there were around 7 deaths in Queen's this year.. and York also had multiple deaths/ rapes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@Ayani wrote

10k? That's amazing. Take it.

Queen's campus is WAY BETTER than York campus... although there were around 7 deaths in Queen's this year.. and York also had multiple deaths/ rapes

Six Queen's students have passed away since May 2010; they were all under different circumstances as I'm sure were the deaths at York.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
If you're leaning towards accounting you don't need to worry too much about school strength; both are equally good in terms of attracting top accounting firms, high UFE pass rates, strong accounting alumni and both are accredited.

Your choice should be between Queen's University and York University. Go to where ever suits your taste the best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninaaftermath ninaaftermath

@IanSharer wrote
If you're leaning towards accounting you don't need to worry too much about school strength; both are equally good in terms of attracting top accounting firms, high UFE pass rates, strong accounting alumni and both are accredited.

Your choice should be between Queen's University and York University. Go to where ever suits your taste the best.

Thanks guys for the insights! And @IanSharer I would love to know which program you chose in the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0