yconic - Queens Commerce vs Ivey
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Commerce vs Ivey

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
Which is better and why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
Better in terms of what?
Job placement, achieving a higher GPA, social life, professors...?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Asharq Asharq
Both universities have a lot to offer. You have to be much more specific.

Queens offers a straight four year business program, so from day one you can start Queens commerce whereas Ivey is only two year program so for the first two years you have a lot more options of where you would like to study at.

Make sure to always visit the campuses because your going to be going their for four years so might as well check it out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
Placements are pretty similar, Ivey has the higher average salary by a bit though.

Queen's is apparently more difficult to get into, it is a 4 year program, which means there isn't that extra degree of stress of having to maintain a 80% average through 2 years (transitioning from HS to Uni is a pain apparently).

Ivey is more focused on cases, so if you like to formulate and defend your opinion it's probably the better school. Also, Western is more of a "party school" than Queen's, so yeah :P

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of me14 me14
I like Ivey, way more opportunities, look for the HBA program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of me14 me14
I like Ivey, way more opportunities, look for the HBA program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Queens is probably the best all round program in canada while Ivey has one of the best connections.

Just spend some time browsing through the old forums.. you will find your answer. Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0