yconic - QUEEN'S COMMERCE!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QUEEN'S COMMERCE!

A photo of Kwill Kwill
Is there any essay format for the commerce essay or is it just whatever you like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of Redprince Redprince
it is in essay format.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm

@Redprince wrote
it is in essay format.

I didn't write mine in essay format
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sherrybloosm wrote
I didn't write mine in essay format

it's called an "essay" question - meaning it has to be in essay format. If they didn't care than they would have just said "In 300 words, please answer the following question..."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Essay format is essentially formal writing. They don't want you to use colloquialism in your writing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kwill Kwill

I didn't write mine in essay format[/quote]

Same here, there is no way you can use essay format for only 300words and with questions like that, is all about you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Subtle Subtle
I just wrote. And divided paragraphs wherever I felt like it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ndrwzheng ndrwzheng

@Kwill wrote
Is there any essay format for the commerce essay or is it just whatever you like?

Note to all of you: There's a difference between writing an ESSAY and a FORMAL ESSAY.

The "essay format" that you've been taught applies to formal essays. A normal essay does not need to be in that format; note that the word "essay" comes from the french word essayer - to try. As long as you try to prove your point in your paper, then you are doing fine.

P.S. I asked the English teachers at my school about this to verify.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ndrwzheng ndrwzheng

@BudsFan94 wrote
Essay format is essentially formal writing. They don't want you to use colloquialism in your writing.

Business colloquialisms are fine though... eg. "bottom line", referring to profit.

Even in Formal Essays, if you're writing a business paper then the colloquialisms that go along with it are perfectly acceptable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
Luckily, I applied through the Chancellor's scholarship, and don't have to do a formal supp for QC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnC JohnC
@Finance27

you said "Luckily, I applied through the Chancellor's scholarship" how do u apply through that chancellor's scholarship thing?

And one more question: I submitted my OUAC 101 on Dec 29th 2011, how come I still haven't receive any EMAIL from either UW/SCHULICH/U OF T? When did you guys applied/received email?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JohnC wrote
@Finance27

you said "Luckily, I applied through the Chancellor's scholarship" how do u apply through that chancellor's scholarship thing?

And one more question: I submitted my OUAC 101 on Dec 29th 2011, how come I still haven't receive any EMAIL from either UW/SCHULICH/U OF T? When did you guys applied/received email?

I called one of the universities. Apparently you have to wait several weeks until you receive an e-mail.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18

@JohnC wrote
@Finance27

The Chancellor's Scholarship had a deadline December 1st, I think. :/

And those universities were probably on holiday. You'll hear from them soon. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DayOnBay DayOnBay
Queen's University opens on January 9th, so you may be able to get some of your answered then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0