yconic - Queen's Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Commerce

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Any Queen's Commerce students I can talk to on this forum?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
34 replies

No body eh?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BSchoolMaster BSchoolMaster
PM me with your MSN or Skype if you want to get in touch.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
I plan on going if I get accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KatrinaRiddle KatrinaRiddle
I applied to Queen's Commerce as well. Does anyone know when can we get (early) offers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
it's my first choice!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illuminati illuminati

@KatrinaRiddle wrote
I applied to Queen's Commerce as well. Does anyone know when can we get (early) offers?

I've yet to email Queen's about that too, but as for now I'm hoping to submit my supplementary essay no later than Feb 15 to get the early offer. The earliest I ever heard someone getting in last year was on the first week of March, but that's not to assume that they'll send out the early acceptances at around the same time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 90210 90210
Queen's Commerce is my first choice too, but how are you guys planning to pay for the $27 000 cost including the tuition, residence, books, fees etc? If any potential or existing Queens Commerce student can reply that would be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^ That is why I didn't apply to Queen's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illuminati illuminati
Bursaries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@illuminati wrote
Bursaries.

But that is based on financial need for the most part.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@90210 wrote
Queen's Commerce is my first choice too, but how are you guys planning to pay for the $27 000 cost including the tuition, residence, books, fees etc? If any potential or existing Queens Commerce student can reply that would be appreciated.

With my 192k salary as an accountant right after graduation. I'll simply add some debits here, minus some credits there and I'll be ballin in no time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@IanSharer wrote

@90210 wrote

With my 192k salary as an accountant right after graduation. I'll simply add some debits here, minus some credits there and I'll be ballin in no time.

~45k after graduation, 74,400 k after getting your CA

192 k is the average for ALL CAs

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
my friend got accepted 2 weeks ago. FML!!! but then again, she's in BC ><
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
I've heard that if you are nominated for Chancellor's from the school you have a VERY high chance of getting in. :D

So I'm happy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If it is still the same as when I applied (4 years ago now), if you get chancellor's it's auto acceptance with the first wave in march. With the different scholarships qc is pretty manageable, I was able to go through four years making money through school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@Serendipity wrote
I've heard that if you are nominated for Chancellor's from the school you have a VERY high chance of getting in. :D

So I'm happy!

do you know how many ppl applied this year? :S Getting nominated for Chancellor's doesn't guarantee acceptance, though I wish it did!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
I was told that 660 applied for it last year :s. Yeah $26,000 for first year is going to be a hard hit. No idea how I'm going to pay for ~95,000 for the four years. Business schools seem to be ridiculously expensive. Where is this money really going anyway? I understand for an MBA, but not so much for an undergrad. Considering they are goverment organizations, I think there should be parameters that they must maintain as far as tuition is concerned.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

At Queen's not in commerce, but from what I hear first acceptances go out end of February/early March. Chancellor offers are sent at the same time I believe!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Has anyone else not been e-mailed from Queens yet? I applied a LONG time ago, and still nothing... I'm afraid that it might have been deferred to my junk mail, where it went unnoticed.

:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hmm.. exactly how long ago did you apply? They usually took a long time for people.. but most of them got it in a month.

I applied December 3rd, and I think I got it 4 weeks after. If you have applied more than a month ago, I think you should call them. It might be possible it went in your junk mail.. because that's where mine was and I didn't know until I was about to delete all my junk mail.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
what will happen if i make up an "Award or other distinction" on my PSE.

i havennt gotten any awards that i can think of but im planning to make up 2.

1) say that i got an effort award for economics at the school that i studied at 2 years ago
2) for one of my EC's, i helped a speech pathologist in developing a speech test by doing some research (25 hours). so ill make up somthing 'community' help award with this.

is their any risk
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CanadaBoy CanadaBoy

@asian123 wrote
what will happen if i make up an "Award or other distinction" on my PSE.

i havennt gotten any awards that i can think of but im planning to make up 2.

1) say that i got an effort award for economics at the school that i studied at 2 years ago
2) for one of my EC's, i helped a speech pathologist in developing a speech test by doing some research (25 hours). so ill make up somthing 'community' help award with this.

is their any risk

Post of the Year 2011 :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
hahaha, im serious...
Was this helpful? Yes 0