yconic - Queen's Computing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Computing

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I don't know much about it, so I was wondering if anyone has any input on the quality of the program and job opportunities available afterward? Is admission competitive?

I'm interested specifically in the Cognitive Science or Software Design program.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Nobody here probably has any meaningful input. Why don't you ask someone at Queens, or a faculty member?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@rightsaidfred wrote
Nobody here probably has any meaningful input. Why don't you ask someone at Queens, or a faculty member?

I spoke with a Queen's official at the Fall Preview day and that's what got me interested in the program, but information coming from them will always be boosted and framed in a positive manner. I was hoping to hear from students possibly in the program or those who have friends in the program or that have graduated so I can hear it from the student perspective.

I haven't really seen anyone around this forum from Queen's BCH though, so I don't know if I'll get any responses haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
UW and U of T are generally thought of as the top 2 in Canada. Beyond those two, it doesn't really matter where you go. You'll get a solid education, but it isnt a recruiting spot for top development companies.

If you like the campus, and people there go for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0