yconic - Queen's course selection!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's course selection!

A photo of foreveryoung foreveryoung
I was just hoping to hear from some current Queen's Commerce students about the best profs for specific classes :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of TKBCOM14 TKBCOM14
you don't get to choose your commerce course profs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Chara Chara
When I go to course selection in the solus centre it says i dont have access to that yet :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Chara wrote
When I go to course selection in the solus centre it says i dont have access to that yet :/

Look at your name! Canada is upset at you! It's a hint that they want you to go to Boston U

jk ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@Chara wrote

Same i cant pick yet.. is it by random who gets to pick first? how does it work for the rest of us?

Whats everyone taking as an elective?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara

@Username81 wrote

@Chara wrote

Look at your name! Canada is upset at you! It's a hint that they want you to go to Boston U

jk ;)

LOL sorry, its not even a reference to that. It did occur to me though while I was watching the game.

Its because I keep a big tank of red bellied piranha at my house, and piranaha are in the family of "Characins", and out of that I got Chara. :)

Don't worry I'm a canucks fan! lol

Apark I heard that we wouldnt be able to choose our courses until mid July. Not sure where OP is getting his from.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Chara wrote

@Username81 wrote

@Chara wrote

jk ;)

LOL sorry, its not even a reference to that. It did occur to me though while I was watching the game.

Its because I keep a big tank of red bellied piranha at my house, and piranaha are in the family of "Characins", and out of that I got Chara. :)

Don't worry I'm a canucks fan! lol

Apark I heard that we wouldnt be able to choose our courses until mid July. Not sure where OP is getting his from.

Hahah yeah stupid Tim Thomas...And although I'm not going to Queen's, I also heard mid July.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@apark17 wrote

@Chara wrote

Same i cant pick yet.. is it by random who gets to pick first? how does it work for the rest of us?

Whats everyone taking as an elective?

yeah i definitely was confused for a second there, what i was looking at was my shopping cart appointment and not my actual enrolment appointment.
but you guys should be able to view the courses and profs as long as your shopping cart appointment has already started.
the difference between the two is that you can't actually submit your shopping cart until your actual enrolment appointment, but since our courses for commerce are pre-loaded by the commerce office, the only one you really need to worry about picking is the one elective from art/sci.
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did EVERYONE get enrollment dates? am I the only one that hasnt?

odd..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote

odd..

as far as i know no one in commerce got their enrollment date yet. i called today and they said they've had delays (what else is new LOL). but i think you should have gotten your shopping cart appointment by now...so if you don't have that maybe you should call them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@foreveryoung wrote

@apark17 wrote

odd..

as far as i know no one in commerce got their enrollment date yet. i called today and they said they've had delays (what else is new LOL). but i think you should have gotten your shopping cart appointment by now...so if you don't have that maybe you should call them?

lol i feel so bad for them, seems like the transition to SOLUS is crazy. Anyways yeah i dont even have my enrollment cart (wtheck..). I'll probably call them tomorrow.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Chara Chara
Yep, I have mine now, July 6!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Chara wrote
Yep, I have mine now, July 6!

same :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gg22 gg22
I'm sooo confused >< what's the point of the shopping cart appointment??? = = i'm also thinking about math121, but i heard it's a pretty tough and time-consuming course. well, i guess it really depends on the person. =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0