yconic - Queen's Engineering Admission Conditions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Engineering Admission Conditions

A photo of mtmeg mtmeg
Hi, I just got accepted to Queens engineering today and I was wondering if anyone who has already been accepted could tell me what the conditions are on the official offer of admission package? Mainly the average you have to maintain, I think it's 80+ but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of whatthe whatthe
Congratulations I just go it today! Do you mind sharing your average ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of limelime12 limelime12
Hey, I just got my package today. The conditions are:

"- You must achieve a final minimum average of 75 percent. Your final average will be calculated using the prerequisite course(s) and additional courses that satisfy the admission requirements of this program at Queen's University. You must achieve a minimum final mark of 70 percent in English 4U. You are also required to pass a sixth 4U or 4M course."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mtmeg mtmeg

@whatthe wrote
Congratulations I just go it today! Do you mind sharing your average ?

Congratulations to you too! My average is 90.5 :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mtmeg mtmeg

@limelime12 wrote
Hey, I just got my package today. The conditions are:

"- You must achieve a final minimum average of 75 percent. Your final average will be calculated using the prerequisite course(s) and additional courses that satisfy the admission requirements of this program at Queen's University. You must achieve a minimum final mark of 70 percent in English 4U. You are also required to pass a sixth 4U or 4M course."

Thanks! :) Is Queen's your first choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of limelime12 limelime12
Yeah it is my first choice, the conditions are pretty awesome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of code07 code07
75% average? Really? I looked at McMaster's computer engineering and it says low to mid 80s or something? I'm not sure if Queen's is like McMasters' where you do 'general' engineering in your first year and then pick your major, but I'm a bit surprised that the average req. is 75%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@code07 wrote
75% average? Really? I looked at McMaster's computer engineering and it says low to mid 80s or something? I'm not sure if Queen's is like McMasters' where you do 'general' engineering in your first year and then pick your major, but I'm a bit surprised that the average req. is 75%.

I haven't been accepted to Queen's yet but yes, they do have a general first year after which you pick your major. And to be honest, I'm also very surprised that the final avg required is only 75%. McMaster's final required for engineering is an 82%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RossGemaco RossGemaco
I got my email from Queens last friday. Still havent recieved my package yet though. I got my Western package though, and I need to maintain 84%. Im kinda worried actually, my average for term 1 was 91%, had 86% in english and 89 in chem. For term 2 right now, my english mark is only 79, and chem is 80%. freaking out right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9
:compress: ;my offer condition from UofT is to maintain a 80% avg only.
Was this helpful? Yes 0