yconic - Queen's Engineering Admissions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Engineering Admissions

A photo of maddiemacneill maddiemacneill
I applied to Engineering at Queens and Western. I'm really hoping to get accepted at both but especially Queen's. These are my marks

Pre-Calculus 12 - 97
English 12 - 81
Bio 12 - 87
Advanced Math 12 - 95

Physics 11 - 94(highest mark in the class)
Chem 11 - 92
English 11 - 95
Advanced Math 11 - 94
Bio 11 - 96

Extra-Curriculars:
Students Council Executive Member
Communications Co-Head
Nova Scotia Secondary School Students' Association Regional Cabinet Member
Soccer team
Kayak
VP of IT & Finance in the Junior Achievement Company Program
and only a few volunteer/community hours

Do I have good chances of getting accepted? Please don't be critical...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I'm not sure what Advanced Math is, but if it's equivalent to Calculus and Vectors in Ontario (pre-req) then I think you'll be fine, as long as you maintain your grade 11 marks for grade 12. Your average looks to be around low 90, which is well above the cut-off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maddiemacneill maddiemacneill
yes my advanced math courses/pre-calculus&calculus courses are equivalent to calculus and vectors in ontario
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k3u k3u
i was told by an engineering rep at the university fair that last year an 87 average guarunteed your acceptance. not sure if that meant they could completely disregard your PSE though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
IIRC the admission average for Queen's Engineering is actually ~89% so I kinda doubt 87% would guarantee an acceptance. With a low-90 and those ECs you should be fine really...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EngStudent741 EngStudent741

@k3u wrote
i was told by an engineering rep at the university fair that last year an 87 average guarunteed your acceptance. not sure if that meant they could completely disregard your PSE though.

Close. What jelly is saying is a little closer. There is a cut off average you need to get for them to look at your PSE, which I believe was around 87% last year (though it does vary from year to year). The actual average admission average (a little confusing) is typically a bit higher, and I think last year it was around 89-90%. That being said, the PSE is an important part of your application especially if you are near the cut off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Yeah it looks like you'll get in. Easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0