yconic - Queen's, Mac, Western acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's, Mac, Western acceptances

A photo of sauceboss sauceboss
So i applied to Queen's, Mac, and Western for engineering... But I'm doing horribly in english which is really bringing my average down.

Currently my marks are:
Data management 85
Physics 89
English 71(hoping to raise to at least 75 by midterms..)
Calculus 91 (in progress)
Chemistry 94 (in progress)

Which leaves me with an 86.8 average.

Do you guys think I will get in to those universities? I really want to go to Queen's and i realize this is cutting it pretty close.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of tukr tukr
If that's your 5 admission marks for queen's, I think you can get in! (well given you submitted an OK PSE) I got admitted early on like an 89.something I think, not all that much higher so just wait I guess!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I think you should be accepted at those universities, your average is good. As tukr said, a decent PSE with your average will pretty much almost guarantee you get accepted at Queen's. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

okay thank you! that is a relief to hear..
my pse was decent, nothing special, some community involvement and some sports teams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Good to hear, lolapop! are you planning on attending queen's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

if i get in, i will be there for sure! I fell in love with queen's when i visited the campus last year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

haha oh, that is comforting. I'm sure I'll be able to raise my english mark a bit in time for midterms.

no, i haven't :( my grade 11 marks were awful though, and they would only have two pre-requisite marks from grade 12 last semester.
So maybe everyone's just waiting for my midterms (thats what I'm telling myself, anyway)

Was this helpful? Yes 0