yconic - Queens mostly known for Marketing?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens mostly known for Marketing?

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam
I was recently chatting with my senior uncle who is a PhD and a CFA. He is a really educated and smart individual. According to him, Queens university is mostly known for Marketing. Is it true? What do you think?

I am thinking of going to Queens for finance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of apark17 apark17

@ToiTeam wrote
I was recently chatting with my senior uncle who is a PhD and a CFA. He is a really educated and smart individual. According to him, Queens university is mostly known for Marketing. Is it true? What do you think?

i thought it was mostly known for finance/accounting?

id say go to ivey if you want finance for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@ToiTeam wrote

Queen's is a university that is overall very strong in all fields. If you take a look at their annual report CLICK HERE it is strong in pretty much every field.

Trust me, I have heard from people that Queen's is strong in Accounting and Marketing, and from others, I have heard it is strong in Finance and Consulting.

Your uncle was probably referring to the Queen's MBA program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
http://business.queensu.ca/ConversionDocs/commerce_annual_report.pdf

22% into Marketing, so yes it is good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^but of course there is a higher percentage in accounting and finance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jsimple Jsimple
Is Ivey supposed to be bad for Marketing and Advertising? I know they're supposed to be good for Finance and Consulting but weak for Accounting, but what about Marketing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/recruiter/documents/IveyHBA_2009-2010_Summer_Employment_Report.pdf

Only 3%. I do know people in Ivey who got legit marketing gigs though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak

@immaculatedx wrote
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/recruiter/documents/IveyHBA_2009-2010_Summer_Employment_Report.pdf

Only 3%. I do know people in Ivey who got legit marketing gigs though.

That's the summer employment; kind of misleading. Check out the annual salary report for a more accurate answer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ZFero wrote

@ToiTeam wrote

Queen's is a university that is overall very strong in all fields. If you take a look at their annual report CLICK HERE it is strong in pretty much every field.

Trust me, I have heard from people that Queen's is strong in Accounting and Marketing, and from others, I have heard it is strong in Finance and Consulting.

Your uncle was probably referring to the Queen's MBA program.

+ 1

The only things I don't think it's really known/good for are management accounting and supply chain management
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011
While QC definitely has a lot of success placing its students in the marketing industry (particularly in CPG's), it is a recognized program in all fields. For instance, one third of students go into accounting. That's one of the benefits of a four year program; students have the chance and time to be exposed to all types of business and excel in what they love.
Was this helpful? Yes 0