yconic - Queens Offer ... Now What?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Offer ... Now What?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
hey everyone.

In my package I received no information on how to maintain your offer from Queens.

I was wondering what average must be maintained to maintain the commerce program offer and the $2000 excellence entrance scholarship (90% average).

Also a side question, Is their a real benefit to go to Queens to study Accounting, as opposed to ottawau... being a CA will take the same steps anyways.. right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
Go to Queens. Better rep/job opportunities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If i want to be a CA, if i go to ottawau (telfer) i have CO-OP. and in becoming a CA isnt it the same steps?

So is there a big difference if I go to queens if i want to be a CA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@iKam22 wrote
If i want to be a CA, if i go to ottawau (telfer) i have CO-OP. and in becoming a CA isnt it the same steps?

How are you so sure you want to become a CA? Unless you've literally lived the life of a CA or know it inside out, there's no way to tell. Sure it can be a possibility, but don't bank on one career. Queen's will provide you with the best opportunities overall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
Queens will keep your options open. If you actually believe you are set on being a CA you're very naive.

I'm not sure about you, but my package told me to just maintain the requirements of them program (80% in one math, calc, english, and an 80% average).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@iKam22 wrote

How are you so sure you want to become a CA? Unless you've literally lived the life of a CA or know it inside out, there's no way to tell. Sure it can be a possibility, but don't bank on one career. Queen's will provide you with the best opportunities overall.

You stressed how Queen's will provide many opportunities in all fields of business, but I want to add that it is way more of a target school for recruiters than Telfer. At Queen's, you will have high quality professors, a competitive learning environment, excellent resources at Goodes Hall (career centre and others), tons of networking events, and a degree from one of the top business undergrad programs in the country. Something around 35% of Queen's students go into accounting, and many are able to get Big 4 jobs and CATO jobs, and they have the highest UFE pass rates. You also have great exchange opportunities.

I am 99% set on becoming a CA, and am choosing between Queen's and AFM, leaning towards QC right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0