yconic - Queen's Political Studies
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's Political Studies

A photo of alexalepera alexalepera
Hey, I'm thinking about going to Queen's for polisci and was wondering what other people are also thinking about going into that program and why. thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of ariadne89 ariadne89
My advice is to take POLS 110, as well as a variety of other survey classes so that you keep your options open, and then see how you feel next April. You really don't have to decide your major until then, because at Queen's you just get accepted into Arts and Sciences and don't declare your major until second year. A lot of people have a strong idea of the major they want all through high school, but then once they get here they completely change their mind or find something new.

People do political studies for a wide variety of reasons and the program has all types ranging from hardcore conservatives to those who are active in the Occupy Movement.. you should form your own reasons and passions for studying politics, and if you find that if don't have any reasons as to why you should study it, then it's probably not the program for you. Best of luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0