yconic - Queen's PSE - Quick question!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's PSE - Quick question!

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
So I have written my rough draft of my PSE, and now I'm worried that I didn't answer the question properly... So the question is:

In an essay of 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

I have a friend who wrote about the program he wants to study, but that isn't how I interpreted the question. I talked about my experience and extra curriculars and how I will apply that to my time at Queen's. For all those who are applying or have already applied to Queen's, how did you structure your PSE? Should I rewrite mine?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of jtseng jtseng
Thankfully, I didn't have to write the PSE, since I did the major awards application!

However, a lot of my friends who gave me their essays to proofread did include some bits about their respective programs. You're right; the experience you wish to have should be a part of your PSE, but the point of university is education, so I'd include something about my program. Also, in the question itself, the words 'and beyond' are really key!

If I were you, and let's pretend you're going into engineering, not only would I talk about continuing my interests in university (music, drama, writing), I'd also mention broadening my knowledge of my field (biomedical engineering, eventually) and the type of goals I have beyond university (being a part of ISF). It's really just finding that balance in your PSE between experience and education.

Hopefully that helps a bit! Let me know if you have any more questions or need someone to proofread. (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
you also need to mention about your goals beyond, like how's an undergrad from Queen's gonna help you with your future career and what your planning to do after undergrad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
just submitted my PSE. I'm so scared if I was on the right idea o-O. Do you guys think 86 is good enough for their Science program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SandyH0ng SandyH0ng

@jschiralli wrote
So I have written my rough draft of my PSE, and now I'm worried that I didn't answer the question properly... So the question is:

In an essay of 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

I have a friend who wrote about the program he wants to study, but that isn't how I interpreted the question. I talked about my experience and extra curriculars and how I will apply that to my time at Queen's. For all those who are applying or have already applied to Queen's, how did you structure your PSE? Should I rewrite mine?

I pretty much structured my essay that way that you did. I talked about my future goals and put a big emphasis on my experiences and how I would contribute to Queen's.

I actually really don't like their question this year. I heard previous years they just asked about how you show leadership. That would have been much easier in my opinion :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0