yconic - Queens PSE: last minute questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens PSE: last minute questions

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac
Working on my PSE right now and I have a few questions:

1)Did anyone put honour roll as their award? I know it's not a huge award or anything...
But if I won the honour roll for more than 1 year, should I just put the most recent year I won it, since there's only room to put 1 year? (All my other awards spaces are filled out). Or should I include something in my description?
2) Since I'm being asked for only 1 referee, do they have to be able to confirm all my activities?

If anyone can answer any of these I'd appreciate it. Just trying to reassure myself that my application is ok. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
I used Honour Roll on mine as well, so it should be fine. And yes, the person that is your referee should be able to confirm that everything you've put in your application has really been done, so giving them a print out of your application will probably be helpful.

I tried submitting my PSE tonight but I kept getting an error message saying that I already submitted my PSE when I did not, and I did not get a confirmation number or anything either. When you submit your PSE, will you let me know if it goes through? I'm kind of freaking out about mine...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jschiralli wrote
I used Honour Roll on mine as well, so it should be fine. And yes, the person that is your referee should be able to confirm that everything you've put in your application has really been done, so giving them a print out of your application will probably be helpful.

I tried submitting my PSE tonight but I kept getting an error message saying that I already submitted my PSE when I did not, and I did not get a confirmation number or anything either. When you submit your PSE, will you let me know if it goes through? I'm kind of freaking out about mine...

If you won the honour roll for more than 1 year, did you indicate that? Or did you just put the most recent year?

Also, I don't know ANYONE who can confirm ALL my activities. I mean, even my parents don't know about everything I'm involved in -.- Who did you ask?
I mean I guess I could get all my activity supervisors to sign a form and then show it to my referee... but some of my activities are more self organized =/

Are you sure you didn't accidentally submit your PSE before? I decided I'm just going to hand in mine later; my PSE needs way too much editing and I don't want to sacrifice quality.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I've gotten honour roll every year, so I did a separate entry for each since I only had one other award to mention. But in your case, I'd just include it in the description that you've gotten it more than once.

I asked my English teacher because he's been helping me with other supplementary forms so he has an idea of most of the things I've been involved in. If I were you, I would give a copy of the PSE to your referee so they know everything you've done and can vouch for you. Its probably really unlikely that this person will be contacted anyway, I think they just want to make sure that you have someone that can confirm it if needed.

I'm positive that I haven't already submitted it. I kept everything in a word document and entered it all in today. I don't understand why it's doing that, maybe cause a lot of other students are using the website right now? I don't know. I guess its not a HUGE deal cause it's only the deadline for early consideration, but I'm still upset about it. I think I'm gonna call them tomorrow to figure out what's going on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jschiralli wrote
I've gotten honour roll every year, so I did a separate entry for each since I only had one other award to mention. But in your case, I'd just include it in the description that you've gotten it more than once.

I asked my English teacher because he's been helping me with other supplementary forms so he has an idea of most of the things I've been involved in. If I were you, I would give a copy of the PSE to your referee so they know everything you've done and can vouch for you. Its probably really unlikely that this person will be contacted anyway, I think they just want to make sure that you have someone that can confirm it if needed.

I'm positive that I haven't already submitted it. I kept everything in a word document and entered it all in today. I don't understand why it's doing that, maybe cause a lot of other students are using the website right now? I don't know. I guess its not a HUGE deal cause it's only the deadline for early consideration, but I'm still upset about it. I think I'm gonna call them tomorrow to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for your help.
I hope your application goes well :)
What did you apply for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
I think it was overloaded yesterday since most of us submit PSE on 15th. However, I think there was a point when they sent me an email to suggest PSE should be sent before 15. I'm not sure, but i think they do the "come first serve first" method? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

Thanks for your help.
What did you apply for?

Thanks, my application ended up getting submitted at 12am on the 16th, but I called Queen's and everything's fine! I just applied for general arts, I'd most likely study psychology if I get accepted. What did you apply for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jschiralli wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

Thanks for your help.
What did you apply for?

Thanks, my application ended up getting submitted at 12am on the 16th, but I called Queen's and everything's fine! I just applied for general arts, I'd most likely study psychology if I get accepted. What did you apply for?

That's great! I applied to Con Ed, both arts and science.
I'm still stuck on my applications. Being the perfectionist that I am, I decided I had to delete my essays and rewrite them -.-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

@jschiralli wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

Thanks for your help.
What did you apply for?

I'm still stuck on my applications. Being the perfectionist that I am, I decided I had to delete my essays and rewrite them -.-

I'm exactly the same way. Don't stress out about it too much. I find that it helps to get a teacher to look over it because you'll get a professional opinion and they'll be honest with you. I got my English teacher to look mine over and he was very honest, he would straight up tell me what was unnecessary to say, it was actually really helpful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jschiralli wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

@jschiralli wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

Thanks for your help.
What did you apply for?

I'm exactly the same way. Don't stress out about it too much. I find that it helps to get a teacher to look over it because you'll get a professional opinion and they'll be honest with you. I got my English teacher to look mine over and he was very honest, he would straight up tell me what was unnecessary to say, it was actually really helpful.

Good idea, I think I'll do that. :)

Another question. For the extracurricular activities, let's say I've been holding a leadership position in that activity for a year, but I've been a member for like 5 years. Should I just say I participated in the activity for a year, or what?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

Another question. For the extracurricular activities, let's say I've been holding a leadership position in that activity for a year, but I've been a member for like 5 years. Should I just say I participated in the activity for a year, or what?

I had the same problem. I've been part of a council for three years, but I've held a leadership position for just one. I just left it as three years, it's not fair to you to say you've only been part of it for one year when you've probably dedicated a lot of work! If you want in the description box you can explain how long you've had the leadership position for, but because of the character limit you might not have enough room.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jschiralli wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I had the same problem. I've been part of a council for three years, but I've held a leadership position for just one. I just left it as three years, it's not fair to you to say you've only been part of it for one year when you've probably dedicated a lot of work! If you want in the description box you can explain how long you've had the leadership position for, but because of the character limit you might not have enough room.

Yeah, I wish they just asked you to describe your time commitment in words. I tend to be a scrupulously accurate person, so stuff like this really bothers me! haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0