yconic - Queen's PSE Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's PSE Question

A photo of willeh willeh
On the activity lists, in the text it asks to to write the number of years, but on the right column it says weeks per year, which I really don't get. Is the "year" here a calender year or a school year?

Also, I'm starting to stress after seeing people already getting accepted into Queens science, although there's still one month until the PSE is due. If I hand in my PSE on this weekend, when is the earliest possible time of me getting accepted to Queens? I had a 93 average in grade 11 so I think I can get early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Lol im in the same boat with you! Same school, same program. I haven't really gotten a dent in my PSE either. My friend is at Queens now and she didnt get accepted until later. So dont worry about it. Those offers are conditional and are given to students only if they can keep their grades up. Believe me they will keep enough space open because early acceptance hasn't even started. But on a harsher note, Queen's accepts on average 1 in 10 students in each program. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ngoumeniouk ngoumeniouk
as long as your PSE is in by feb 15th (at least that's the date for us westerners haha) then they still consider you for early admissions! and now that rolling admissions have started it might take a few weeks to hear back but hopefully not too long :) and in terms of keeping my grades up I actually only have to maintain a 75% in the 4 courses they use for admissions-- so no stress there! (not that my grades are going to slip that much haha but nice to know the pressure's off!)

and in terms of your year question I believe they're referring to calendar year and not academic, at least thats how I treated it because I have a lot of sports I play year-round and saying I participated for 46/40 weeks in a school year wouldn't make much sense haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@ngoumeniouk wrote
as long as your PSE is in by feb 15th (at least that's the date for us westerners haha) then they still consider you for early admissions! and now that rolling admissions have started it might take a few weeks to hear back but hopefully not too long :) and in terms of keeping my grades up I actually only have to maintain a 75% in the 4 courses they use for admissions-- so no stress there! (not that my grades are going to slip that much haha but nice to know the pressure's off!)

and in terms of your year question I believe they're referring to calendar year and not academic, at least thats how I treated it because I have a lot of sports I play year-round and saying I participated for 46/40 weeks in a school year wouldn't make much sense haha

In reference to your signature, Queen's Engineering has sent out acceptances already?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@ninetyfour wrote
In reference to your signature, Queen's Engineering has sent out acceptances already?!

I personally know only 5 people who have been accepted to any program at Queen's so far, 1 from BC and 4 from Quebec. So I think they've only accepted out of province applicants so far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
I believe they will start looking at your applications the moment they receive all your grades and PSE/supplementals
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ShadGrad ShadGrad

@cherrypie725 wrote

@ninetyfour wrote

I personally know only 5 people who have been accepted to any program at Queen's so far, 1 from BC and 4 from Quebec. So I think they've only accepted out of province applicants so far.

Same. I have a friend from PEI who got in last week with only a 90% average, so it's probs only out of province.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wow okay, I'll submit my PSE as soon as I get permission from my reference to be my reference (the rest is done). I really just want to be accepted to one place soon for ease of mind :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@ninetyfour wrote
Wow okay, I'll submit my PSE as soon as I get permission from my reference to be my reference (the rest is done). I really just want to be accepted to one place soon for ease of mind :3

If ur grades are high enough, Mac starts sending offers in late Feb, so about a month.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ngoumeniouk ngoumeniouk
yeah there's a couple kids from my school in BC who have been accepted to engineering who have averages around 90 and minimal ECs, so nothing special. not sure if they're conditional or not though. the out-of-province theory has been going around and seems to make sense to me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@ninetyfour wrote

If ur grades are high enough, Mac starts sending offers in late Feb, so about a month.

I was looking at forums from last year, and many students were receiving acceptances for Mac Engineering in late January. Do you know if there's any chance they're going to do that this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0