yconic - Queens PSE Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens PSE Question

A photo of kzos kzos
Hi all! I just finished my PSE for Queen's and I was wondering if any of you guys could answer a few questions. My average right now sits at 88 and i applied for science. On my PSE i talked about how i am highly involved in competing and volunteering for distance track and cross country. I also mentioned that I am a certified lifeguard and teach children to swim. I have also talked to the coach there about running for their varsity track/XC team and he seemed pretty keen on welcoming me on the team. So i was just wondering If that is enough for them to consider me as a student? Does being an athlete improve my odds of acceptance as long as my grades are good enough?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101

@kzos wrote
Hi all! I just finished my PSE for Queen's and I was wondering if any of you guys could answer a few questions. My average right now sits at 88 and i applied for science. On my PSE i talked about how i am highly involved in competing and volunteering for distance track and cross country. I also mentioned that I am a certified lifeguard and teach children to swim. I have also talked to the coach there about running for their varsity track/XC team and he seemed pretty keen on welcoming me on the team. So i was just wondering If that is enough for them to consider me as a student? Does being an athlete improve my odds of acceptance as long as my grades are good enough?

You'll get in....trust me haha. They take a lot of science students, and your marks are high. I think your ECs and stuff sound good.

This being said, did u list diverse ECs? Like sports, volunteering, music/drama, etc?

And no being an athlete does not improve your chance really, unless you've already been tapped for a varsity spot or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
Don't worry about it. As long as your PSE was written in comprehendible English, and you put some random volunteer info, you'll get a first wave acceptance with an 88.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kzos kzos
You'll get in....trust me haha. They take a lot of science students, and your marks are high. I think your ECs and stuff sound good.

This being said, did u list diverse ECs? Like sports, volunteering, music/drama, etc?

And no being an athlete does not improve your chance really, unless you've already been tapped for a varsity spot or something.

I mentioned that i did two volunteering things for the mustard seed, put that im a group co-ordinator for film club and a couple other things i cant remember. but it was just short stuff. like i couldn't fill in the amount of time i put into them because they were all one time things. The only really solid ones i have are the ones i mentioned in my last post. Oh and the coach said he put me on this list for athletic assistance, but i'm not sure if it means i'm tapped for a spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of niklo90 niklo90
As long as you are above last year's admission average, your PSE won't really play a role in you getting in or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0