yconic - Queens PSE word count?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens PSE word count?

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac
Quick question. My PSE is 1898 characters, but 308 words.
Queen's says they want:
"An essay of 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces)"

Should I cut mine down? :/

I feel like such a spammer... hopefully this is my last question about the PSE, haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of idotknow idotknow
Your PSE has to be satisfied for both fields. Therefore, you have to cut it off less than 300 words eventho its less than 1950 characters.
Hope this helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I think the character count is more important as that is what they can detect more than the word count (i.e it won't let you save if the character count is too high). My PSE essay was 1942 characters (with spaces) and 338 words, and that apparently was fine so you should be ok. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac

@ninetyfour wrote
I think the character count is more important as that is what they can detect more than the word count (i.e it won't let you save if the character count is too high). My PSE essay was 1942 characters (with spaces) and 338 words, and that apparently was fine so you should be ok. :)

Yeah, I decided to be stupid and type in a 5000 character "word" into the application and see if I would get a warning saying that I was over the limit, and I did. But I never got one for having it at +300 words, so I assume it's ok.

Congrats on getting in to your programs, btw :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0