yconic - QUEENS PSE!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QUEENS PSE!

A photo of SandyH0ng SandyH0ng
So I just submitted my PSE an hour ago. When I copy and pasted my PSE from word, for some reason, the indentation in the first paragraph wasn't showing. I didn't know what to do so I manually put it in with spaces. After I submitted my PSE, I realized that it came out as a huge indent and my other paragraphs were small indents.

I'm freaking out! I had no idea it would turn out that way because it didn't look like that in the editor. Do you think Queens will reprimand my for that?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of lisakyl lisakyl
I highly doubt that they will reprimand you for that.
I'm certain that they will be more concerned about the content of you PSE rather than your format :)
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lisakyl wrote
I highly doubt that they will reprimand you for that.
I'm certain that they will be more concerned about the content of you PSE rather than your format :)
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Alright, thank you so much! I noticed that you got accepted to Queen's Science. Congratulations! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lisakyl lisakyl
You're welcome :) and thank you
Just a day ago I was freaking out as well... D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
One of my friends copied his PSE from word in 3 paragraphs and only realized after he submitted that it lumped all the text together into one big paragraph. He got accepted yesterday though, so I doubt they care too much about those minor details.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cherrypie725 wrote
One of my friends copied his PSE from word in 3 paragraphs and only realized after he submitted that it lumped all the text together into one big paragraph. He got accepted yesterday though, so I doubt they care too much about those minor details.

That's good to hear! Thanks a lot! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Yeah, I'm sure they understand that there will be formatting errors copying and pasting from a word processor :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac
Sorry this is kind of off topic, but did you talk about your extracurricular activities, leadership skills etc, in the essay portion of the PSE?

I can integrate it into my response, but it sounds a bit forced and Queen's keeps on emphasizing the importance of answering the actual question, so I'm worried about straying... Any thoughts?

I'm applying to con ed so I have another essay to explain my experiences anyway... but I don't know...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rotom rotom

@CrèmeGlacée wrote
Sorry this is kind of off topic, but did you talk about your extracurricular activities, leadership skills etc, in the essay portion of the PSE?

I can integrate it into my response, but it sounds a bit forced and Queen's keeps on emphasizing the importance of answering the actual question, so I'm worried about straying... Any thoughts?

I'm applying to con ed so I have another essay to explain my experiences anyway... but I don't know...

I was accepted on Friday and wrote my PSE essay STRICTLY following the question. I did not write anything extra regarding EC's, leadership skills, etc. Only what was asked.

Hope this helps at all. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@rotom wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I was accepted on Friday and wrote my PSE essay STRICTLY following the question. I did not write anything extra regarding EC's, leadership skills, etc. Only what was asked.

Hope this helps at all. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what was your average, and what program did you apply to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I actually did talk about my EC's. I know the main focus of the essay was on your goals but Queen's emphasizes student leadership so I felt that it was important to mention that and then always relate it back to the focus of the essay.

So as long as you just relate it back to the question, I think it's great that you show them all sides to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SandyH0ng wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I actually did talk about my EC's. I know the main focus of the essay was on your goals but Queen's emphasizes student leadership so I felt that it was important to mention that and then always relate it back to the focus of the essay.

So as long as you just relate it back to the question, I think it's great that you show them all sides to you.

Thanks! I briefly mentioned my ECs, and how they inspired me to want to pursue certain goals.
How long was your PSE? Mine is 1898 characters, but 308 words... is that ok?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I did answer the question, but I kind of mentioned my EC's in there. I talked mainly about being a part of the "Queen's community" and collaborating with others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ninetyfour wrote

@CrèmeGlacée wrote

I did answer the question, but I kind of mentioned my EC's in there. I talked mainly about being a part of the "Queen's community" and collaborating with others.

I did the same as you. Definitely mentioned a lot about the Queen's Community - what I will take from it and what I can contribute to it. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0