yconic - Queen's PSE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's PSE

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Is it out already??

I just applied on Sunday and waiting on the confirmation email. Will it tell me where it is? And if somebody has gotten it, then could someone please tell me the topics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
Whats PSE ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Personal Statement of Experience
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Yes, I did mine in November. The e-mail should tell what you to do.

You have to list (up to) 5 activities, 5 volunteering experiences, and 5 work experiences you've had throughout high school. Then you have to do a 300 word essay on what your goals are at Queen's and beyond.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

could you PM me the questions? I would like to know now so I could get started on it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FallenOrchid FallenOrchid
Zion, approximately how long did you have to wait for Queens to email you? Can you also PM the questions? Thank you and good luck on your applications!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
When is it due?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion

@echan319 wrote
could you PM me the questions? I would like to know now so I could get started on it

That's all the detail I can recall, sorry. (The essay question is as I stated; it's pretty general). They also ask for a reference so you might want to think about that if you haven't.

@FallenOrchid wrote
Zion, approximately how long did you have to wait for Queens to email you? Can you also PM the questions? Thank you and good luck on your applications!

A few weeks. But then it took me like two weeks to actually submit the PSE because they were having technical difficulties. Good luck on yours too!

@xxMoonCakezxx wrote
When is it due?

March 1.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Also, I applied to Computing, so you guys might be referring to questions I didn't have (that are exclusively for Commerce).

But that's all the PSE I did had on it. No other questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
These are the Commerce specific questions:

1) In 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), briefly describe one time when you acted as a leader of a team or group, and another time when you acted as a member of a team or group. Tell us what you have learned about yourself in both roles - as a leader and as a team member.

2) In 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), please describe the steps you have taken to ensure that Commerce/Business is an appropriate field of study and potential career for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rebecca-afford rebecca-afford
Also, if you applied for a Chancellor's Major Entrance Scholarship they don't ask you to do a PSE. I was e-mailed last week saying that I do not have to complete one because I was nominated by my school.
If you check on your myQueensU account it should say on your To-Do list what you have left to do with your appplication. It would also indicate if you would have to do the supplementary essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QC Advisor QC Advisor
The info on this thread is quite accurate. I would only add that the preferred PSE submission deadline is Feb 15 but the official dealine is March 1 (as noted above). The earlier submission allows the Commerce Admission Committee to read the PSEs earlier. Every qualified Commerce PSE is read by 2 readers so that is a lot of reading!

QC Advisor
Was this helpful? Yes 0