yconic - Queens Residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queens Residence

A photo of chatha93 chatha93
what is the best residence hall for queens in terms of social life, kids, accessibility, and just general lifestyle overall. Also, i know that for mcgill you live in res for your first year then move out. Can you live in res for 4 years in queens???
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011
Hey!

Queen's works pretty much the same way, 90% of first year students live in res and then move out in second. The ones that stay in upper-years are those that work as dons (people that watch over the floor) in exchange for free room & board.

There really isn't a best res, since you don't get to choose your building explicitly. Instead, you rank your preference of types of rooms (single, double).

Vic Hall is the biggest res (about 800 students) and has the reputation of being the party res and it's also very centrally located. That being said, it completely depends on who ends up living on your floor (Vic is also home to the 23 hrs of silence floor). I ended up on West Campus (definitely NOT considered the best res) and I had a very social floor. Bottom line is that you don't really get a choice, so try not to have your heart set on one building (I think there are 12 different ones) and be stoked for whatever you get!

Best!
Was this helpful? Yes 0