yconic - Queen's University Student Applicant Equity Census
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's University Student Applicant Equity Census

A photo of steele steele

The information collected will be used to plan equity programs at Queen’s and to develop student recruitment strategies with the goal of enhancing diversity at the University. Questions regarding family income and parental education will assist in our planning of equity services. Your responses are valuable in helping us plan for the future.

Haha, did anyone else get this email this morning? It asked me to fill in info about my race, my family's finances, asked if I had any disabilities, etc.

It was lolz.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
I did it, but was loling the whole time (because I fit the stereotypical Queen's student - upper-middle class and white). At least they're trying to fix their image.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I did it too. I found it funny how they warn you it won't play a role in the admissions process. The idea that anyone would think so is funny
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
OMG I DELETEED IT!!11!!
WILL I GET REJECTED NAO?!!!11!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of btwownn btwownn

@Alizarin wrote
OMG I DELETEED IT!!11!!

I didn't do it and I got my rejection letter today. You should call them to redo it.
I am so sad now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of btwownn btwownn

@Alizarin wrote
OMG I DELETEED IT!!11!!

I didn't do it and I got my rejection letter today. You should call them to redo it.
I am so sad now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Starstruck Starstruck
I filled that thing out...but I'm just another middle-class white student. I felt so unwanted. :tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0