yconic - Queen's work study
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Queen's work study

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
What exactly is this program it says i have receieved $2000 i believe it is money i earn but how do i know what job they give me ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb
I'm in the same situation as you, got offered the same amount in work study to Queen's. Not sure how it works and could not find anything n the internet regarding it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joey4231 joey4231
http://www.queensuniversityguide.com/academics/work-study/

I think Work Study is a program where you earn money while you a student. You can start applying for jobs around campus at the beginning of the school year and the $2000 is the maximum amount you can earn.

Btw, did you guys apply for Arts bursary? I got $2335 and I thought it was an odd amount.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ooosh Ooosh
You have the capacity to earn X number of dollars (whatever was alloted for you). You apply to jobs around campus and earn up to that amount.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan

@joey4231 wrote
http://www.queensuniversityguide.com/academics/work-study/

I think Work Study is a program where you earn money while you a student. You can start applying for jobs around campus at the beginning of the school year and the $2000 is the maximum amount you can earn.

Btw, did you guys apply for Arts bursary? I got $2335 and I thought it was an odd amount.

yeah 1740 is what i got it sounds weird :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Queens14 Queens14
It means you can apply for jobs with the student government, to places like The Common Ground. You're able to make up to x ($2000, for example), during the year under the government at Queen's.

If you're heading to Queen's, go to your frosh events and get pamphlets about the hiring positions or talk to your Don about it when you get there: job applications are due around the third - fourth week of September.

Queen's is good because you'll always have opportunities as a frosh, the policy for clubs and jobs: move up or move out ;)

There'll be many positions for you frosh, enjoy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0