yconic - Question about admissions for Computer Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question about admissions for Computer Science

A photo of james44121 james44121
Hey,
I just started grade 12 but I have a few questions about admissions to some universities. I'm probably going to apply to Waterloo, UoT, McMaster, and Brock. Also, I know all of this info can be found on the websites for the universities, but I just wanted to double check that I don't need any sciences for computer science, just Adv. Functions, and Calculus and English are required as well as some other U level courses. Finally (sorry I know this is long), I go to a catholic school, and my religion course is M level, will universities accept that as one of my application marks?

-Thanks a bunch in advanced for reading this.

Courses:
Adv. Functions
Calculus and Vectors
English U
Computer Science U
Computer Engineering U
Religion M
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
I don't personally have any experience with comp sci but I am positive that those universities will take an M course for the 6 course submission thing.

However, I have a friend whose also taking Religion, and in knowledge, is it not a grade 11 course? If so, then you might want to know that Universities only accpet grade 12 U/M courses for the 6 course Submission.

If this post doesn't really make sense, and I'm just randomly blabbering, then just ignore it. Good luck on submissions! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Your courses are fine for applying to computer science. And religion is actually offered in every grade, and is compulsory for catholic schools. In some cases, philosophy is offered in grade 12 as a religion credit and is actually a U course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of james44121 james44121
Thanks a bunch,
And yea no worries its a grade 12 course. Also, I didn't take philosophy because apparently it's an extremely difficult course, and I just spoke to a few friends and they confirmed that the universities don't look at Religion M course and philosophy U course any differently.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets

@jelly wrote
Your courses are fine for applying to computer science. And religion is actually offered in every grade, and is compulsory for catholic schools. In some cases, philosophy is offered in grade 12 as a religion credit and is actually a U course.

...my bad:batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0