yconic - Question about Computer Science at McMaster (Faculty of Science)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question about Computer Science at McMaster (Faculty of Science)

A photo of Bscit Bscit
I know its to late to apply but I have like no acceptances (other than UOIT which I hate), and I am beginning to worry. I applied to UW and UTSC (I am certain that I can get UTSC but just in case). McMaster does not seem that bad for Computer Science from what I heard so I was wondering if McMaster accepts late applications. And do I have to fill out an info form with an essay?

I was also wondering if I missed the acceptance that should happen around now. Unis are currently accepting now that they have our marks from first semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of cometmars cometmars
Don't worry you have time! And I applied to UTSC for CS too and I haven't gotten any reply from them. When did you submit SC's SPF? You will get into UTSC CS (even though I don't know your marks... but the reqs. are low from eInfo)

Also, about what range is your current grade 12 average in?

If you want, look into for Carleton CS is not that bad from what I have heard. They have 5th best in CS research program (Canada). Might be worth looking into that but the thing is Waterloo wasn't on the list, which is very strange (so I don't know how credible it is).

I haven't heard back from UW either but I applied really later than most on this forum :(

Hopefully, we will get in (yn).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit

@cometmars wrote
Don't worry you have time! And I applied to UTSC for CS too and I haven't gotten any reply from them. When did you submit SC's SPF? You will get into UTSC CS (even though I don't know your marks... but the reqs. are low from eInfo)

Also, about what range is your current grade 12 average in?

If you want, look into for Carleton CS is not that bad from what I have heard. They have 5th best in CS research program (Canada). Might be worth looking into that but the thing is Waterloo wasn't on the list, which is very strange (so I don't know how credible it is).

I haven't heard back from UW either but I applied really later than most on this forum :(

Hopefully, we will get in (yn).

Thanks for the reply. My average (4 Grade 12U/M Course) is 85.75(86 if they round :)). Ive been trying to seek out info on how people have done last year. I submitted my SAF (I believe its called) dead on its due date(completely forgot about it). Ive heard people saying that Waterloo accepts you with 86 for CS (last year). For top CS unis in Canada i would rate like so from what I have heard people saying and based on what I think of the University:

Waterloo
UBC
McMaster
U of T
Carleton

Very recently, i found out about Carleton so i guess Ill apply to Carleton and McMaster too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0