yconic - Question about grade 10 english?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question about grade 10 english?

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest
Ok, so this sem I'm taking grade 10 applied English (I slacked off in academic English).. I've gotten 80's and 90's on all of my assignments. But I missed two days of class (skipping because I was scrambling to finish my chem assignment). I was supposed to come in at lunch but we were forced to stay in class due to a blackout. I didn't go to class today (kinda stupid, but no one did). If I get a 70-75 will I be able to take academic English in summer school? Or will I have to re-do applied? What if I get a 65? I'm scared I'll do poorly even though I'm actually really good at English. I'm gonna talk to my teacher tmrw at lunch to make up for the assignment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@SaugasFinest wrote
Ok, so this sem I'm taking grade 11 applied English (I slacked off in academic English).. I've gotten 80's and 90's on all of my assignments. But I missed two days of class (skipping because I was scrambling to finish my chem assignment). I was supposed to come in at lunch but we were forced to stay in class due to a blackout. I didn't go to class today (kinda stupid, but no one did). If I get a 70-75 will I be able to take academic English in summer school? Or will I have to re-do applied? What if I get a 65? I'm scared I'll do poorly even though I'm actually really good at English. I'm gonna talk to my teacher tmrw at lunch to make up for the assignment.

yea you could take it, if Im not mistaken. Its grade 10 chill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@SaugasFinest wrote
Ok, so this sem I'm taking grade 11 applied English (I slacked off in academic English).. I've gotten 80's and 90's on all of my assignments. But I missed two days of class (skipping because I was scrambling to finish my chem assignment). I was supposed to come in at lunch but we were forced to stay in class due to a blackout. I didn't go to class today (kinda stupid, but no one did). If I get a 70-75 will I be able to take academic English in summer school? Or will I have to re-do applied? What if I get a 65? I'm scared I'll do poorly even though I'm actually really good at English. I'm gonna talk to my teacher tmrw at lunch to make up for the assignment.

yea you could take it, if Im not mistaken. Its grade 10 chill.

I would if I were in gr 10, I'm in grade 11. That's why I'm freaking out...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Grade 11 = early admission.

Relax. You're fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@VegaKrazmych wrote
Grade 11 = early admission.

Relax. You're fine.

Yep, but again. I'm in grade 11 taking the APPLIED English course. I failed with a 45 in academic. Which would entitle me to the two wek make up credit course in summer school. But, since I'm now in applied I don't know if they'll make me take the month long make course or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sylviecook sylviecook
If I were you, I wouldn't have slacked off in Academic English in the first place. Ask about extra things you can do, do well on your exam, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
nobody cares about grade ten marks, at all. the only time i'd worry is if it were grade 12 english - and even then it's not that important, i only had a 70 and as long as the other marks are high enough youl be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gongshow Gongshow
You shouldn't have too much to worry about just make sure you don't miss too many classes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer

@Gongshow wrote
You shouldn't have too much to worry about just make sure you don't miss too many classes.

ya ur breaking ur own back by not going to class
just go to class and ull be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0