yconic - QUESTION ABOUT GRADE 12 ,PLEASE HELP REALLY NERVOUS!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

QUESTION ABOUT GRADE 12 ,PLEASE HELP REALLY NERVOUS!

A photo of Creativeindividual Creativeindividual
Hi guys, so i got my courses for grade 12 but it says i have english and writers craft second semester, now i know this seems silly, but since English is the only prerequisite for my program( im doing a bachelor of arts) will the university look at my application different since the only marks theyll really see for the prerequisite(grade 12 english) will be the midsemester marks? because i did poorly in grade 11(mostly 70s) and i dont wanna jeopardize anything PLEASE HELP , AND PLEASE DONT BE MEAN IM PANICKINGGGG:(

P.S. Thanks guys for all your comments, im thinking of changing to AP english and writers craft first semester i like being challenged when it comes to English an dhopefully ill get my AP credit:p
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Skookybird Skookybird
As long as your midsemester mark is pretty good and everything else is on track, I think you’ll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
Nah, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Teachers are aware of what happens in second semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
You'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
You know I never understand why they would change the system to semestered; personally I think that sucks in high school. But yeah to reiterate... you won't be the first to have that happen to you, you'll be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of westerngirl18 westerngirl18
Don't worry about it! I'm in the same boat where I have english second semester. I think it you work hard you'll be fine. I found that what really helped me in grade 11 was to read some of the books before the course (especially Shakespeare! that get's me everytime) then even if I didnt understand it, I was still ahead of the game when the course came up! Hope this helps :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0