yconic - question about laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

question about laurier

A photo of ac123 ac123
on the laurier website, it says the BA honours economics and financial management degree is accredited by the ca,cma, and cga institutions. BUT when i check the icao and cma websites, it doesnt say that anywhere! i know the ba economics and accounting program is accredited but i called laurier and they said the financial management one is accredited too. Is it just that icao didnt update their website or is it actually not acredited?

Worst case scenerio:
If it actually isnt accredited, can i change to ba economics and accounting if i get accepted? cuz the program is the same just the specialization is different.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
http://www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca/Become/AccreditedPrograms.aspx

it is accredited
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ac123 ac123

@Viking21 wrote

it is accredited

I saw that too but it says "bachelors of economics and accounting"which is accredited.

I need to know if "bachelors of economics and financial management" is accredited or not because it doesnt say on icao.

when i applied on ouac for this degree, accounting or financial management are specializations for this degree but the degree is in economics. I talked to laurier on the phone they said it is accrdited but why doesnt it say on the icao website?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@ac123 wrote

@Viking21 wrote

it is accredited

I saw that too but it says "bachelors of economics and accounting"which is accredited.

I need to know if "bachelors of economics and financial management" is accredited or not because it doesnt say on icao.

when i applied on ouac for this degree, accounting or financial management are specializations for this degree but the degree is in economics. I talked to laurier on the phone they said it is accrdited but why doesnt it say on the icao website?

You will have to complete the accounting specialization to qualify for the program to be fully-accredited by the ICAO (and effectively complete the 51 credit-hour requirement as a result).

If you didn't do the accounting specialization, you wouldn't be taking the accounting courses you need to.

I'm 99.9% sure you will just be able to choose your specialization in 2nd/3rd year or whatever, but you can call Laurier if you're that concerned. Just know that you won't be able to do just a finance specialization. You might be able to do a joint specialization or at least take some finance courses with your accounting ones, depending on scheduling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0