yconic - Question About Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question About Laurier

A photo of universityapplier universityapplier
hey guys
I have a question about laurier
I applied in this order

1. BBA
2. BA Econ

I want to goto econ now since my avg. is lower than BBA's cutoff. I know its alternate is econ, but will they look at my for BA if i get declined for BBA? Also, I heard Laurier enrolls more than it says on einfo (630 for bba and 160 for ba) is that true?

also, if i get into econ and accounting, what is the average i need to maintain my acceptance? what was it last year? Im thinking mid to high 70's, what do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@universityapplier wrote
hey guys
I applied in this order

1. BBA
2. BA Econ

I want to goto econ now since my avg. is lower than BBA's cutoff. I know its alternate is econ, but will they look at my for BA if i get declined for BBA? Also, I heard Laurier enrolls more than it says on einfo (630 for bba and 160 for ba) is that true?

also, if i get into econ and accounting, what is the average i need to maintain my acceptance? what was it last year? Im thinking mid to high 70's, what do you guys think?

They will consider you separately for each program, so I wouldn't worry about that. Sorry, I'm not sure about the answer to your second question. Check their website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@universityapplier wrote
hey guys
I applied in this order

1. BBA
2. BA Econ

I think you wanted to ask if they'll look at your ABS for Econ? No, they only look at your ABS for your highest-ranked program.

Yes, they do enroll more than those numbers (at least for BBA, plus they send out more offers because lots don't accept their offers- both programs)

For BBA, it is an 82 (5% lower than cutoff), so for Honours Ec it will be somewhere around 77/78 I'm guessing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0