yconic - Question About Loran Award?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question About Loran Award?

A photo of jazz10 jazz10
I heard that if you are selected as a Loran Scholar, in order to renew the scholarship you have to live on campus. Is that true? What if you plan to go to university in your hometown anyways?

Just wondering if someone could clarify for me.

Thanks. :-)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Yes, I think I remember reading somewhere that you are required to live in residence for the first two years. I tried to search their website but I couldn't find it. I believe it may have said this on the application form, which isn't available to download yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apajohnson apajohnson
cherrypie725 is correct: you have to live in residence for your first two years. This is what is written on the application:

"Loran Award holders must meet university and program admission requirements. To renew the Loran Award, award holders must: maintain a B+ standing (3.3) under a full course load; live in university residence for first and second years; show continued evidence of character, leadership and service, and continue studies at their university of entrance."

Good luck for the scholarship!
Was this helpful? Yes 0