yconic - question about osap!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

question about osap!

A photo of rachelvarga rachelvarga
i have a quick question about osap.

i know that you do it online and whatever, but if you're under 18 do you need your parents to sign something off?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yes. Your parents have to provide you with their income information as well, until you're 22. They have to sign off on a form that OSAP will mail to you, or you can print it off the internet. They're called declaration pages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of finance2 finance2
Age doesn't have much to do with it, basically you are considered dependent on your parents ( need their info and their signatures) until you have been out of high school for 4 years, get married, have a baby or work full time for 2 full years. Whichever comes first.
You are responsible for the loan, though, not your parents, even if they have to supply their info.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of victorialimary victorialimary
Another questions about osap.

It says to indicate what percentage of a full course load you will be taking.
wouldn't it be 100% if you are a first year student?

Or should I just wait until I get my schedule?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xshaddowsinx xshaddowsinx
i think its 100%. at least that's what i put. becuase i know that some people extend their time in university by say a year by taking less courses per year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
What program are you going to?
Check your course calendar and your university's policies to make sure but it'll most likely be 100% unless you made some significant changes to your schedule.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@victorialimary wrote
Another questions about osap.

It says to indicate what percentage of a full course load you will be taking.
wouldn't it be 100% if you are a first year student?

Or should I just wait until I get my schedule?

You should know the answer. How many credits does it take to get your degree? Divide that number by the number of years in your program. For example, if you need 20 credits for your 4 year degree and you're taking 5 credits this year, then yes, you're taking 100% of a full course load.
Was this helpful? Yes 0