yconic - Question about Queens Commerce (from Queens Arts Student)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question about Queens Commerce (from Queens Arts Student)

A photo of alee101 alee101
Hi, I just have a question about Queens commerce program.
I was just wondering if an Arts student can take Commerce as a minor in upper year.
I know that Commerce students can take Arts program as a minor..
If Arts student can take Commerce for minor, Is there any requirement or prerequisite courses?

And also, is there any mendatory courses for tranfer to Commerce from Arts in second year? Please give me some advise if you can, Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of xfl300 xfl300
Commerce students cannot minor in the Arts, unless they've changed the rules. We can however obtain a dual degree.

From what I know, you cannot minor in Commerce. I recommend you calling the School of Business.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101

@alee101 wrote
Hi, I just have a question about Queens commerce program.
I was just wondering if an Arts student can take Commerce as a minor in upper year.
I know that Commerce students can take Arts program as a minor..
If Arts student can take Commerce for minor, Is there any requirement or prerequisite courses?

And also, is there any mendatory courses for tranfer to Commerce from Arts in second year? Please give me some advise if you can, Thanks!

Techically an Arts student cannot minor in Commerce. You can call the business school though, I am sure there have been cases where it was different in the past.

Arts students can take commerce electives though, and the pre-reqs for those are all listed on the artsci academic calendar website. Many courses don't have pre-reqs, but some upper year accounting and such require lower-year accounting and stats. You can see it all here:

http://www.queensu.ca/calendars/artsci/Courses_of_Instruction_5.html

I don't know about mandatory courses for transfer to Comm from Arts, so you'd need to ask the business school. I imagine you would need some calculus and stats...

Just to let you know, transferring from a non-commerce faculty is really difficult. You need some seriously high marks, and they accept very few transfer students (I've heard as few as 3 or less in the past).

That's one reason I decided to accept commerce over science! It's easier to transfer out than in.

If you have your heart set on commerce, I would not count on a transfer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0