yconic - Question about Western Bursaries?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question about Western Bursaries?

A photo of JessaBrown JessaBrown
Hi! I received early acceptance to Western, but I have no idea when/where to find out if I'll be offered financial aid from my bursary application. I searched around the website and can't find anything (Maybe I'm just blind?). Does anybody know if it is sent out later?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
For Scholarships you would probably have receive a notification or a copy telling you what you have received along with your mailed offer package from Western. But, I think that since it's a Bursary, you will get notified at a later time because it will only kick in after you've actually started your courses and enrolled with the program in September.

You should probably call the Undergraduate Admissions just incase you were supposed to receive an answer right away.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cccormier wrote
For Scholarships you would probably have receive a notification or a copy telling you what you have received along with your mailed offer package from Western. But, I think that since it's a Bursary, you will get notified at a later time because it will only kick in after you've actually started your courses and enrolled with the program in September.

You should probably call the Undergraduate Admissions just incase you were supposed to receive an answer right away.

Well I was thinking maybe they would notify you with an amount before you accepted? Bursary amounts probably play a big role in university decisions for some people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@JessaBrown wrote
Hi! I received early acceptance to Western, but I have no idea when/where to find out if I'll be offered financial aid from my bursary application. I searched around the website and can't find anything (Maybe I'm just blind?). Does anybody know if it is sent out later?

How did you apply to the Bursaries @ Western? Is there a log-in process?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

I didn't have to log in at all. Go here and click the link for the application: http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/index.cfm/student-finances/bursaries/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JessaBrown wrote

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

I didn't have to log in at all. Go here and click the link for the application: http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/index.cfm/student-finances/bursaries/

But you do have to log in with your Western Identity...
I am wondering if that's just for undergrad students...Is it for high school students aspiring to go to UWO too? I looked at the questions last night and they seemed like it loll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

I am wondering if that's just for undergrad students...Is it for high school students aspiring to go to UWO too? I looked at the questions last night and they seemed like it loll

I'm pretty sure it's for High School students because it says:

"First-Year Students (Admission Bursary)
Students entering the first year of either an Undergraduate program or a second entry Professional Program such as Business, Dentistry, Law or Medicine can be considered for financial assistance by submitting an Admission Bursary Application.

The 2011-2012 Admission Bursary Application is now available. Click here for the Admission Bursary Application."

and 2011/2012 would be our first year... so :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JessaBrown wrote

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

@heesoup wrote

@JessaBrown wrote

I'm pretty sure it's for High School students because it says:

"First-Year Students (Admission Bursary)
Students entering the first year of either an Undergraduate program or a second entry Professional Program such as Business, Dentistry, Law or Medicine can be considered for financial assistance by submitting an Admission Bursary Application.

The 2011-2012 Admission Bursary Application is now available. Click here for the Admission Bursary Application."

and 2011/2012 would be our first year... so :P

Oh okay. Thanks. I shall get to it soon...;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0