yconic - Question in the Waterloo AIF.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question in the Waterloo AIF.

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
"In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF Questions,please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like to know when we review your application."
My fellow applicants,how did you answer this? I mean what sort of a content do they expect in the answer? Should we write about our EC's or what???
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@cheers123 wrote
"In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF Questions,please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like to know when we review your application."
My fellow applicants,how did you answer this? I mean what sort of a content do they expect in the answer? Should we write about our EC's or what???
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Exactly what it says. Anything that you think would be relevant to your application that the form didn't ask for, you write there.

For instance, maybe you had involvement in your school's (hypothetical) robotics club. It doesn't give a place to say that you were the captain of the club that led it to a national competition and won. So you'd write that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I actually thought that whole page was only for special circumstances and stuff, things or events that have affected your studies or extra-curricular involvement or that have obstructed you from achieving your full potential? There's a section on the first page for additional information on extra-curriculars such as being captain of something.

Anyone want to clear this up so I don't just leave Part B blank? :3
Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato

@ninetyfour wrote
I actually thought that whole page was only for special circumstances and stuff, things or events that have affected your studies or extra-curricular involvement or that have obstructed you from achieving your full potential? There's a section on the first page for additional information on extra-curriculars such as being captain of something.

Anyone want to clear this up so I don't just leave Part B blank? :3
Thanks!

That area is normally used for special circumstances, but it can be used for anything. Do not feel obligated to fill it out, especially not when you can add the information to other areas. If you really have a lot of extra stuff, for example a lot of work experience or a portfolio, you can always send supporting documentation, such as a resume, separately, to be attached to your application. Just email admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
thanks everyone.
Also just another question(I don't want to start another topic), if there's anyone here who has taken IELTS, do you know whether the university of toronto accepts paper results?I mean paper results sent by the testing agency itself.There's a small problem about it in the "international students",if someone could clarify it I would be grateful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0