yconic - Question: Ivey AEO2 (that didn't meet requirements) ≥ Western student (Non-AEO)?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question: Ivey AEO2 (that didn't meet requirements) ≥ Western student (Non-AEO)?

A photo of masonuwo masonuwo
I've heard/read a lot of different things.. Is an AEO2 HBA1 applicant that did NOT meet their AEO requirements still given preferential treatment over Western Non-AEOs? ..or are they now treated as equals since the AEO status wasn't maintained?

Is there much of a difference if that status wasn't maintained after 1st, 2nd or both years?

PS; I'm the Western Non-AEO HBA applicant in the above situation :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of iveyguy iveyguy
AEO's who did not maintain requirements are looked at prior to non AEO students. Think about it this way: AEOs made a commitment to go to Ivey since high school, have a track record of high marks and involvement, and may have been a few percent under the 80 requirement. Based on what I have heard, AEO's with good extra curriculars and 76-77+ are usually accepted. Mind you, if you are a non-AEO with over 80 and good extra curriculars, you will likely get in.

Also, the status is looked at as an average of 10.0 courses over 2 years, the first year avg vs. second year avg does not make a difference.
Was this helpful? Yes 0