yconic - Question Regarding Alternate Offers of Admission
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question Regarding Alternate Offers of Admission

A photo of nerdgirl nerdgirl
Hey everyone, just a quick question. I am interested in three programs within the Math Faculty at Waterloo: BioInformatics, Computational Math, and FARM. Is it necessary to apply to all three, or should I just apply to one and depending on the response get an alternative offer?

My current average is 93%, which meets the requirements for all three programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
I'm not sure whether Waterloo does alternate offers or not. If they do, they probably wouldn't give you an alternate offer for another program in the Math faculty if you don't meet the requirements for a different program in the faculty...you'd probably get an alternate offer for Arts or Science. This is something you should research on Waterloo's website.

Similarly, I'm also not sure of Waterloo's policy on multiple offers. Their policy might be that they only give you one offer of admission. If this is the case, rank your Waterloo programs wisely on OUAC if you're going to apply to more than one program. If Waterloo has a "one offer only" policy, they'll consider you for the program that you ranked highest first. If you get into that program, they won't consider you for any other programs. Again, this is something you should look at the school's website about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nerdgirl nerdgirl
This is late, but thank you for your reply! I did end up applying for all three, and so far have gotten accepted into two. So thanks again :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@nerdgirl wrote
This is late, but thank you for your reply! I did end up applying for all three, and so far have gotten accepted into two. So thanks again :)

which two? and which of the three is your 1st choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0