yconic - Question...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question...

A photo of Lhunthonwen Lhunthonwen
For those of you heading off to university next year, I have a question for you: What are the things you are most concerned/worried about? Work load? Rez life?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of breanneeagnew breanneeagnew
Most worried that I won't have what i need to be livving on my own. I'm moving out with four friends and it's kinda freaking me out. "Do I need this?" "Do I have this?"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blargg Blargg
I'm worried about money the most.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I'm worried that I'll end up going to McGill, a school famous for grade deflation, and come out with a 2.5 GPA that will get me no where good for grad school so I'll be forced to be underemployed and will subsequently quit after yelling at my stupid college-educated boss and end up on the street selling myself for food (pickles and jam and bread) and drugs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I'm most worried about finding something I like enough to major in in first year that's also lucrative.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyd dyd

@Lhunthonwen wrote
For those of you heading off to university next year, I have a question for you: What are the things you are most concerned/worried about? Work load? Rez life?

workload for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyd dyd
also if u live on rez u should watch for your health.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm worried about the workload. I'm excited about rez life though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chelseyskeoch chelseyskeoch
I am most worried about not being able to get good enough marks to get accepted into the program that I want to study, and also making new friends.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 311 311
I'm worried about the workload, making new friends, and living on rez. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@prmly wrote
I'm worried that I'll end up going to McGill, a school famous for grade deflation, and come out with a 2.5 GPA that will get me no where good for grad school so I'll be forced to be underemployed and will subsequently quit after yelling at my stupid college-educated boss and end up on the street selling myself for food (pickles and jam and bread) and drugs.

Agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lhunthonwen Lhunthonwen

@breanneeagnew wrote
Most worried that I won't have what i need to be livving on my own. I'm moving out with four friends and it's kinda freaking me out. "Do I need this?" "Do I have this?"

This is something that I wish I had when I was moving in! It is quite the extensive list of anything you may need.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Rez life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm definitely worried about University being so different from high school that my marks would drop a lot and I won't be able to keep up whatever scholarship I get
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gigzak gigzak
Most worried about .... doing things i want that are like extra circular. so juggling time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlyTurnbull AlyTurnbull
I have chosen a colledge i would like to go to next year. I have also decided that i would like to apply for scholarships as money is tight.

The problem i seem to be having is that i cant seem to find anywhere on the scholarship appliction that states if it is accepted at the school i have chosen to attend. Am i looking in the wrong place or what is a safe way to make sure the scholarships i am applying for are actually accepted at the college i will be attending???

HELP PLEASE!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
Th constant pressure to gain and maintain a high GPA for medical school applications. I shall rest this summer, it's going to be pretty chilled out being finished highscool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sfin sfin
Not being committed enough to school and messing up my future plans.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ksamograd ksamograd
Deffinatly worried about money, wont be living rez so have to pay rent. I just hope work doesnt affect my marks :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Money, for sure.
Not too worried about the grades, always been a pretty strong student.
Just worried that I won't be able to receive money/loans/grants/scholarships for school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sjlewis1708 sjlewis1708

@chelseyskeoch wrote
I am most worried about not being able to get good enough marks to get accepted into the program that I want to study, and also making new friends.

At the start of both my first and second year at mount a I had some of the same worries as you. Making friends can be really hard sometimes because in my case a lot of the people on my floor came with their friends so I felt a little left out. my advice on making friends is seriously on your first day walk down you hall and if their are doors open knock and introduce yourself. Thats how I made most of my friends here and by getting to know just a couple people they will introduce you to their other friends and before you know it youll be set. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0