yconic - Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Question

A photo of Snack Snack
My school only offers 1 business course; economics 12. They also have a very small number clubs of to join.
Am I at a big disadvantage if I'm wanting to go into business? Any help would be great
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Make the most of all the opportunities available to you. You will be at a slight disadvantage, but nothing you should lose sleep over.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Snack wrote
My school only offers 1 business course; economics 12. They also have a very small number clubs of to join.
Am I at a big disadvantage if I'm wanting to go into business? Any help would be great

Economics isn't really a business course... but lets say it is so your school has one :D

Not taking business courses in high school will not have a huge effect in university. However, it would be a good idea to research about the fields of business in order to ensure that business is right for you.

If there are not enough clubs at your school, try to see if you can create one! If you are unable to, join what you can, and put in 100% in the club so you can maybe even become an executive member of the club.

If school clubs aren't working for you, check out your COMMUNITY. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to get involved. You just have to find them, and excel at them. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@ZFero wrote

@Snack wrote

Not taking business courses in high school will not have a huge effect in university. However, it would be a good idea to research about the fields of business in order to ensure that business is right for you.

If there are not enough clubs at your school, try to see if you can create one! If you are unable to, join what you can, and put in 100% in the club so you can maybe even become an executive member of the club.

If school clubs aren't working for you, check out your COMMUNITY. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to get involved. You just have to find them, and excel at them. :)

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0