yconic - questions about early acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

questions about early acceptance

A photo of Redprince Redprince
I have couple of questions about early acceptance.

1) I have already finished 3 grade 12 courses in grade 11 (Data Management, English and Accounting). My accounting mark was low (not a 90). However, my grade 11 marks were really good (all 90+). So, when projecting my average will they give my accounting mark a higher priority?

2) Say I go for an early acceptance and I don't get it. Does that mean that I have been completely rejected? or have they just put me aside for later acceptances?

3) Last question. What average do would you recommend, if someone is applying for an early acceptance in a top tier schools such as Ivey, Schulich, Rotman and Queens.

Thanks for your input and help
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@Redprince wrote
I have couple of questions about early acceptance.

1) I have already finished 3 grade 12 courses in grade 11 (Data Management, English and Accounting). My accounting mark was low (not a 90). However, my grade 11 marks were really good (all 90+). So, when projecting my average will they give my accounting mark a higher priority?

2) Say I go for an early acceptance and I don't get it. Does that mean that I have been completely rejected? or have they just put me aside for later acceptances?

3) Last question. What average do would you recommend, if someone is applying for an early acceptance in a top tier schools such as Ivey, Schulich, Rotman and Queens.

Thanks for your input and help

1) don't know :P

2) i believe they just defer you (as in save you for later acceptances)

3) (rotman isnt 1st tier :P ) and for early, you also have to have awesome ec's, but I would say 94+ avg.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
1-2. Grade 11 marks can only help. If theysuck, you will be reconsidered during their next round. If your marks suck by the time it's just Grade 12 first sem final and grade 12 second sem midterms then ur screwed.

3. These schools don't have "early acceptance" as far as I know. The earliest is after first semester final marks, but if your marks aren't good enough, or at like Ivey AEO if they need more marks in, you will be reconsidered later. Queens accepted some random people other than the Chancellor noms early, Rotman prolly accepted everyone 90+, Schulich I don't remember and Ivey gave to anyone who was good enough and they had marks in for. Everyone else for Ivey that was good needed more marks in (eg english). But you didnt need to be superhuman.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
1) Don't know, but I'm sure they will look at it (unless they are blindfolded/don't care about courses in Top 6). It MAY have an impact, not sure though as it is not required.

2) They don't reject you. Set you aside.

3)Average? I'm guessing all the 94-95+ would get early acceptances in those schools, maybe lower with real good EC's.

*Schulich doesn't look at Gr.11 marks - I called them. A pity, since i have a 100 in gr.11 accounting
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thank you all for your help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheConsultant TheConsultant
atleast for queens, i can tell you it doesnt matter about you grades, even for early aceptance. i got my acceptance in December with a 88
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TheConsultant wrote
atleast for queens, i can tell you it doesnt matter about you grades, even for early aceptance. i got my acceptance in December with a 88

wtf!!!
They already started accepting people!!! I thought they wait until late February and early March, the earliest.

Anyways, congratulations!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@TheConsultant wrote

What the...this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@TheConsultant wrote

I think this guy applied in 2010....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@TheConsultant wrote

I think this guy applied in 2010....
Was this helpful? Yes 0