yconic - Questions about Laurier BBA/BA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Questions about Laurier BBA/BA

A photo of mhkyeung mhkyeung
Whats the difference between "BBA/BA Honours Business Administration & Honours Financial Mathematics " and "Hon Arts - Financial Math - BA"?
Is the financial math program the BBA that everyone has been talking about, and
would it be preferred over western Bmos/ UofT missassauga/ mcmaster?
Also, I did not apply for coop, is it still possible to do so once i become a first year student there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

please!!
really need help with this
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
No, the Hon Arts - Financial Math - BA is not the BBA that people have been talking about. That would be Business Administration, which gives you a BBA.
The difference between BBA/BA and just the BA is that the BBA/BA is a double degree. You would be getting a Bachelors of Business Administration degree and a Bachelors of Arts in Financial Math. I believe that all Double Degree Programs at Laurier are co-op only, not sure though.
Laurier has a pretty solid BBA program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PaperPen wrote
No, the Hon Arts - Financial Math - BA is not the BBA that people have been talking about. That would be Business Administration, which gives you a BBA.
The difference between BBA/BA and just the BA is that the BBA/BA is a double degree. You would be getting a Bachelors of Business Administration degree and a Bachelors of Arts in Financial Math. I believe that all Double Degree Programs at Laurier are co-op only, not sure though.
Laurier has a pretty solid BBA program.

Thank you.
So does it mean financial math by itself is a Bachelors of Arts degree, and it is
not related to BBA at all?
Are all BBA programs double degree programs? is there such a thing as BBA financial math? if yes, what is the difference between BBA financial math and BA financial math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^ The BBA + financial math is the Business Administration double degree with Financial Math

The BA Fin. Math is just a single degree in financial math.

There is just BBA single degree, which is much more common.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
^ The BBA + financial math is the Business Administration double degree with Financial Math

The BA Fin. Math is just a single degree in financial math.

There is just BBA single degree, which is much more common.

so there is "BBA + financial math" and "BBA financial" right?
and basically theres no difference between BBA financial math and BA financial math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ No. There's BBA/BA Business and Financial Math Double Degree and then there's just the single BA in Financial Math.
There's no difference between the BA(Financial Math) in the Double Degree and the single BA Financial math. You're just doing both degrees at the same time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PaperPen wrote
^ No. There's BBA/BA Business and Financial Math Double Degree and then there's just the single BA in Financial Math.
There's no difference between the BA(Financial Math) in the Double Degree and the single BA Financial math. You're just doing both degrees at the same time.

oh...
so when people say they are getting into BBA financial math, they are taking a
double degree program right?
so compared to western mos, BA financial math is relatively less competitive right
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mhkyeung wrote

@PaperPen wrote

oh...
so compared to western mos, BA financial math is relatively less competitive right

Yes, to the first question.
A tentative yes to the second one too (not too sure how it measures up to BMOS, all of my friends are only doing that with AEO).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mhkyeung wrote

@PaperPen wrote

oh...

What PaperPen said +

I don't know anyone who applied to BA-Fin. Math, and I am assuming it is a little less competitive. While people poke fun at BMOS it's cutoff is low 80s or something I think, and you have all the AEOs. The two programs are quite different though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0