yconic - Questions about OUAC (and some other things)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Questions about OUAC (and some other things)

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
A few questions... :)

1. Not long ago I was accepted to McMaster Life Sciences and received an official email and everything but my OUAC still says that I've yet to receive offers. Is this normal? Was there something on the email I was supposed to click to confirm that I received it?

2. I have my heart set on BioMed at Western.. anyone in the program who can fill me in on the expected workload, some good profs, etc.

3. Is it easy to find a tutor in university? (I've never taken physics...uh oh.)

4. What are your opinions on Western BioMed vs. Queens Science vs. McMaster Life Sci?

5. Do I have a good chance getting into the above listed universities with my top 6 being around 90, 91, 92 ish (depending on pre requisites my top 6 is different obviously :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid

@chelsealaurensinclair wrote
A few questions... :)

1. Not long ago I was accepted to McMaster Life Sciences and received an official email and everything but my OUAC still says that I've yet to receive offers. Is this normal? Was there something on the email I was supposed to click to confirm that I received it?

2. I have my heart set on BioMed at Western.. anyone in the program who can fill me in on the expected workload, some good profs, etc.

3. Is it easy to find a tutor in university? (I've never taken physics...uh oh.)

4. What are your opinions on Western BioMed vs. Queens Science vs. McMaster Life Sci?

5. Do I have a good chance getting into the above listed universities with my top 6 being around 90, 91, 92 ish (depending on pre requisites my top 6 is different obviously :P)

1. Expect it in a few days. Mine just went up on OUAC today.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at Western the stream is "Biological and Medical Sciences". as opposed to Biomed which draws upon both departments. At Western, you'll have to focus on one or the other. But I could be wrong.

3. I know Queen's has a very reputable tutoring program. I'm not sure about Mac and Western, but I'm sure they have tutors as well. What kind of institution would they be if they didn't? Haha

4. If I had to pick of the 3 I would pick McMaster Life Science. Western's Bio and Medical sciences offers more specialization choices, and going to Queen's gives you bragging rights (87 average cut off, only 43% acceptance rate, yada yada...) but Mac is known for it's Health Science (16th in the world) and Life Science (81st in the world) where as Western and Queen's are hitting the mid 100's. So, it's a nicer degree to have in my opinion. Western has the largest enrollment of the 3 (1300+) where as Mac Life Sci and Queen's Science are at 800. All in all the choice is up to you, and the school/campus life/community that make you feel most at home is the school for you.

5. You shouldn't have to ask this question. Your marks are high enough for the majority of Life Science programs in Canada. Just keep doing what you're doing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0