yconic - Questions about Schulich
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Questions about Schulich

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli
Could someone please help me? Thanks

1. Is it okay if I drop off the Supplementry Information Forms to them on a Saturday? Do they open? Is there going to be someone there to accept it?

2. I know that the essays need to be double spaced, but does the activity report also need to be double spaced?

3. Should I put headings? For example, write "Activity Report" and then write about the report?

4. They say I need to put the York Reference number and full name on each page. Can I just put them on the top right hand corner or something?

5. On the instructions, they said: "Staple all pages together with this Supplementary Information Form on top:. What do they mean by "this supplementary information form"? The personal information page or the instructions page?

6. For the Waiver, do I just print the page that it is on, and sign it? Or do I copy and paste that part on a new page and then print it out?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
1. No. They're not open.
2. No.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Staple everything
6. Print it and sign it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
1. Yes, the building is open. You don't actually need to see anyone when you drop it off; there's a box at the information desk.
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes; use headers.
5. The first page of the supplementary app that asks for your name and student number and stuff.
6. Print and sign
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote
1. Yes, the building is open. You don't actually need to see anyone when you drop it off; there's a box at the information desk.
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes; use headers.
5. The first page of the supplementary app that asks for your name and student number and stuff.
6. Print and sign

Sorry, just to make sure, the administrations office is definitely going to be open?

So I do not need to include the instructions part or anything?

For the waiver, what I meant what that since the Waiver is still part of the instructions, so if I just print that page out, it's going to have the other instructions on it as well. So should I copy and paste that part on a new document and then print it off and sign it?

And the header can just be at the top right corner, right?

Another question is for the essays, should I first state the questions, such as "Question A: Tell us three reasons why you wish to study in the BBA or iBBA program at the Schulich School of Business" Then write the essay?

Sorry for this many questions...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
Hey - you don't need to be that perfect - there are no stated requirements, so don't worry about those miniscule details.

Schulich receives about 3,000 - 4,500 applicants every year, which means that many supplementary forms to go through - I'm pretty sure they could care less about the placement of those tiny things - they just want to see the main stuff - activity log, 3 essays, in proper and acceptable format.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Soccerboy Soccerboy
Hey guys, I sent my referees to York's MyFile last week. They haven't received emails. Should I be worried?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Soccerboy wrote
Hey guys, I sent my referees to York's MyFile last week. They haven't received emails. Should I be worried?

My referees received the emails one day later. The website even said that referees should receive an email within the next 48 hours. So... yeah you should be worried... Maybe call the school, and make sure you submitted the correct emails. Another thing is to ask your referees to check their junk mail.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Where does it say double spaced? I don't see it.

And instead of submitting emails and going through them replying, you can simply obtain two reference letters from the referees and staple them with your application. That way you don't have to worry about giving those 2 emails.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Finance27 wrote

And instead of submitting emails and going through them replying, you can simply obtain two reference letters from the referees and staple them with your application. That way you don't have to worry about giving those 2 emails.

While getting reference letters worked last year, this year references are done online. Also, as far as I remember, you don't have to double space anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@Finance27 wrote

While getting reference letters worked last year, this year references are done online. Also, as far as I remember, you don't have to double space anything.

Yeah I called them and they said you can just submit 2 letters yourself and not have to worry about the emails.
Was this helpful? Yes 0