yconic - Questions about UT engineering rejection/alternate offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Questions about UT engineering rejection/alternate offer

A photo of Zhangt94 Zhangt94
Hi guys, im new to this thread and just have a quick question for you all who got any alternate offers from the engineering faculty. i checked my portal this morning and saw that under application my status was complete, and under decision was refused. I was wondering if this meant that i was straight up rejected from UT, or are there any possibilities of given an alternate offer to one of my other choices for eng since i saw many people in this forum given alternate decisions. If so, would this come through an email? or would it have just said so on my quest had they given me an alternate offer? or is there the possibility of some sort of a waiting list?

im an alberta student with an 86% average for those wondering, i know my mark is bordering the cutoff xD any feedback is appreciated!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of maelong maelong

@Zhangt94 wrote
Hi guys, im new to this thread and just have a quick question for you all who got any alternate offers. i checked my portal this morning and saw that under application my status was complete, and under decision was refused. I was wondering if this meant that i was straight up rejected from UT, or are there any possibilities of given an alternate offer to one of my other choices for eng since i saw many people in this forum given alternate decisions. If so, would this come through an email? or would it have just said so on my quest had they given me an alternate offer? or is there the possibility of some sort of a waiting list?

im an alberta student with an 86% average for those wondering, i know my mark is bordering the cutoff xD any feedback is appreciated!

wow this is amazing i also have 86average and from calgary
i don't think you can get an alternate choice unless you have applied to a different factuality, not completely sure though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maelong wrote

@Zhangt94 wrote
Hi guys, im new to this thread and just have a quick question for you all who got any alternate offers. i checked my portal this morning and saw that under application my status was complete, and under decision was refused. I was wondering if this meant that i was straight up rejected from UT, or are there any possibilities of given an alternate offer to one of my other choices for eng since i saw many people in this forum given alternate decisions. If so, would this come through an email? or would it have just said so on my quest had they given me an alternate offer? or is there the possibility of some sort of a waiting list?

i don't think you can get an alternate choice unless you have applied to a different factuality, not completely sure though

haha wowow really? im also from calgary!! yeah but i saw many people on the forum being denied from their first choice but then given an alternate offer into another eng program, so i thought perhaps im also lucky enough~
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox
Unfortunately, I think you were rejected from U of T engineering. If they had given you an alternate offer, it would have listed the program instead of refused. I applied to track one, and got an alternate offer to mechanical, and under "decision" it said mechanical engineering.

And no, you don't have to apply to another faculty to get an alternate offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh man, i guess theres some crazy competition this year..what happens to all the offers that gets rejected by the applicants though? since i know a few people who have been accepted, but have no interest in going. What happens to those spots that gets emptied?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IneedHalp IneedHalp
Seeing as it is only April, I think you should wait until May to see if you get an alternate offer, but I really don't know to be honest. Can I ask which core 8 you applied to, because 86 should get you into the most except engsci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hamzajafri16 hamzajafri16

@maelong wrote

@Zhangt94 wrote

Wow you got into waterloo chem engineering with an 86, that gives me sooooooo much hope. I also have an 86 average and i live in Ontario so hopefully i get in too

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS

@Zhangt94 wrote
oh man, i guess theres some crazy competition this year..what happens to all the offers that gets rejected by the applicants though? since i know a few people who have been accepted, but have no interest in going. What happens to those spots that gets emptied?

They had out three times more offers than the number of people they are expecting because they know that everyone will apply to at least three schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 3000 3000
Request for re-appeal of your application, considering your average is pretty high, they may accept you in the upcoming wave. But how is your Calculus, Physics and Advance Functions marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IneedHalp wrote
Seeing as it is only April, I think you should wait until May to see if you get an alternate offer, but I really don't know to be honest. Can I ask which core 8 you applied to, because 86 should get you into the most except engsci.

i applied to chemical, materials, electrical, mechanical, and civil..i was hoping for at least an aternate offer..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@3000 wrote
Request for re-appeal of your application, considering your average is pretty high, they may accept you in the upcoming wave. But how is your Calculus, Physics and Advance Functions marks?

is it still possible that they may reconsider my application? i have tried to email them but dont know how effective doing that will be seeing how they'd probably get tons of similar emails

my marks were (alberta curriculum)

english-84
physics-88
calc-82
math-82
chemistry-92

i guess my math marks really pulled down my chances..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 3000 3000

@Zhangt94 wrote

@3000 wrote

is it still possible that they may reconsider my application? i have tried to email them but dont know how effective doing that will be seeing how they'd probably get tons of similar emails

english-84
physics-88
calc-82
math-82
chemistry-92

Your marks are pretty good, you still have chance. Instead of emailing them, I think you should call them and they'll probably give you information for how you can get your application reconsidered. If I remember correctly, usually they'll tell you to fill out a form or something and will ask you to mail it to them. Be sure to do it fast because I think the second wave of acceptance is soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@3000 wrote

@Zhangt94 wrote

@3000 wrote

english-84
physics-88
calc-82
math-82
chemistry-92

Your marks are pretty good, you still have chance. Instead of emailing them, I think you should call them and they'll probably give you information for how you can get your application reconsidered. If I remember correctly, usually they'll tell you to fill out a form or something and will ask you to mail it to them. Be sure to do it fast because I think the second wave of acceptance is soon.

sighh, all this university stuff is just so stressful..i really want to go to UT, at the same time the offers ive gotten from the other schools are also approaching their acceptance and residence deadlines. Its a really horrible feeling to be rejected, hope none of you guys out there have to experience it xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0