yconic - Questions about UW's offer of admission....
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Questions about UW's offer of admission....

A photo of lesarou lesarou
Hi guys

I have received an offer from UW for computer science early in March, but i just got my letter today.

It says I must maintain a combined overall final average of 75% in English,calculus,and Adv.Fun.

Does it means when I add my marks from those three courses together, their average must be at least 75% or I have to maintain an average 75% in each of three courses?

It actually makes a big difference to me ....QAQ
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Sorry i dont have an answer to your question, I think youd have to maintain an average of atleast 75 in those 3 questions but i thought itd also says 80% in all 6 so:
- 75% in English, Calc, Adv Functions
- 80% in the require +3 U/M Courses

I wanted to know what your average was when you got accepted. And did you have really good Extracurriculars?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bscit wrote
Sorry i dont have an answer to your question, I think youd have to maintain an average of atleast 75 in those 3 questions but i thought itd also says 80% in all 6 so:
- 75% in English, Calc, Adv Functions
- 80% in the require +3 U/M Courses

I wanted to know what your average was when you got accepted. And did you have really good Extracurriculars?

I am in a full year school so when they sent my mark in Feb, I did not have my calculus mark. Instead, I had to use a crapy mark from the other course...so my overall average was like low 80s I guess..around 83? I think my math mark made me got in..I got highest in my math class and I think my math teacher also gave me a good reference letter.

I am just worried about my english mark. It is just right above the requirement
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
By highest in the class, is your calc mark over 95?
As for english, I wouldnt worry much about it as long as you other
classes are great, mainly math. Ive seen people get accepted with like 65 -75
in english.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bscit wrote
By highest in the class, is your calc mark over 95?
As for english, I wouldnt worry much about it as long as you other
classes are great, mainly math. Ive seen people get accepted with like 65 -75
in english.

haha..I only had a high 80s. I know it sounds ridiculous no one in my calss got over 90 in adv.fun. People from Other classes were saying our class was the hardest(my teacher also teaches AP) but the truth is we all screwed on the final exam...
Was this helpful? Yes 0