yconic - Quiet Floor in res?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Quiet Floor in res?

A photo of missaudacious009 missaudacious009
So if I checked off "Quiet Floor/Room" on my res application, how quiet is it really going to be?? ;) haha, and I get it depends on the university and stuff - but can someone give me a rough idea please?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Expect almost dead silence. The loudest thing in your day will be someone's door opening and closing...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats

@Ba Ba Blue wrote
Expect almost dead silence. The loudest thing in your day will be someone's door opening and closing...

That almost sounds creepy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
I ought to sign up for this, and just play loud music and video games all day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Ba Ba Blue wrote

I would hate that. I want silence some of the time, I wouldn't want to be on a floor that was constantly loud all the time but I wouldn't want it to be totally silent either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alliyah2090 Alliyah2090
I work at a residence. and quiet floors tend to have more studious people... or anime freaks :P
And there are some people who party that live on quiet floors but they just go out and party on the louder floors. Which is pretty smart you can always find a party when you want to and when you have to study or sleep your not disturbed by people screaming and running wild down the hallways.

Also quiet floors have to be quiet past 10pm
and other floors would be around 12 or something. and 2 am on weekends (I think, not exactly sure)
and during final exam weeks, residences adopt a 24 hour quiet policy. So if you are done your exams early your suggested to go party quietly in your room or go out to the bars...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
It is rare for it to be quiet in my residence but I guess if you checked off quiet area they may just put all the quiet people there. I am in a biological sciences cluster so the entire 2nd floor is in biological sciences and we have tests and midterms around the same time. So it is quiet around those times but my god does it get loud. The walls shake from the music sometimes! :P

Have fun :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@DoctorLawyerDentist wrote
I ought to sign up for this, and just play loud music and video games all day.

They'd probably kick you out...where's the fun in that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qszwdxefc qszwdxefc
They're not actually that quiet. But nonetheless, I'd just stick with a normal floor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0