yconic - "Hooked on Books": Rip / Book Thread
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

"Hooked on Books": Rip / Book Thread

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
Dear mods,
Please bring "Hooked on Books" back.

Sincerely,
An avid reader

Anyway, what are you guys reading? I am reading The Kreutzer Sonata and Animal Farm (the latter being required reading for school).

This thread can be the new substitute for the entire `Hooked On Books` section! :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
37 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm reading Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger and Crossing the Lion by Cynthia Baxter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Currently reading Ulysses by Joyce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Finished Les Miserables on Christmas Eve. Reading Mind: Introduction to Cognitive Science now (to see if I want to go to Queen's lol).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
I got the new Stephen Hawking/Leonard Mlodinow book, The Grand Design for Christmas. So far, it's pretty good :). Oh, and I'm reading Superfreakonomics, since the first one was so good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
The Girl who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I'll be seeing you BY Mary Higgins Clark, then The World Of Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dawn92 dawn92
what kinds of books do you have to read for the classes you are taking in university ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tspricker tspricker
I got an ereader for christmas and I love it and hate it at the same time. I love the practicality of it, the hundred classics it comes with and the easiness of it.. that and books come cheaper for it.. but on the other hand, will the book follow the path of the tape and the soon-to-be-obselete CD? I like to think not. There is just something about books, and the satisfaction of the last page, the fact that they are almost never thrown out (always given away or reread), libraries, and just, well, the smell of books.

Well, currently I'm reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (on the ereader xD)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikecheese ilikecheese
I'm reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan and In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@dawn92 wrote
what kinds of books do you have to read for the classes you are taking in university ?

wut
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@dawn92 wrote

Before you posted this question did you even take a moment to think about what the hell you were asking..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ckp ckp
the great gatsby- f. scott fitzgerald for class.
east of eden- john steinbeck for myself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
Finished reading Collapse by Jared Diamond. Never read Guns, Germs and Steel, but I should probably get around to it. Almost finished reading The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein, and after that, it's A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.

Yeah, call me boring if you want, but I think I prefer non-fiction.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sciencegeek sciencegeek
Re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to prepare me for he final movie. Can't beilive its ending
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rdube9121 rdube9121
I'm reading "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger

It is soooooooo amazing. I can't seem to put it down.

I read Niffenegger's first book "The Time Traveller's Wife" last year and it was a really good book but moves slowly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rdube9121 rdube9121

@sciencegeek wrote
Re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to prepare me for he final movie. Can't beilive its ending

I know! i am so excited for it! How did you like Part 1?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
The Anarchist Cookbook.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashrafn001 ashrafn001
Currently I am reading three great novels at the same time:
1. The Stand - Stephen King
2. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
3. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
All three of those books are spectacular and are all listed in any "top hundred books of all time".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TessaSmits TessaSmits
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
The Stand - Stephen King
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of KDM1985 KDM1985
I am currently reading Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin. I am a huge Bronte fan (both Charlotte and Emily)and this book is a great horror mash-up! Extremely entertaining!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deathangel deathangel
Eat Me - Linda Jaivin
Serial Violence - Keppel & Birnes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@rdube9121 wrote

@sciencegeek wrote

I know! i am so excited for it! How did you like Part 1?

I can't wait for the second part, but the real way to "read" the Harry Potter books is by listening ... the audiobooks are great! And now I also have the Wheel of Time series on audiobook, so I am going through those. It's nice for when you don't have much time to read so you can just put the cd's in while you're driving, or listen to it on your iPod.

I just finished Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
^ I love the Wheel of Time! Only on book 3-ish though lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahxmartel sarahxmartel
I just finished reading the Hunger Games series. Such a good series, I recommend it to everyone !
I also love the Harry Potter series, Pendragon and Series of Unfortunate Events.
Was this helpful? Yes 0