yconic - Rank unis for these criteria (Difficulty, Class discussions)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rank unis for these criteria (Difficulty, Class discussions)

A photo of asian123 asian123
just curious

Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

any thoughts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
UofT is very difficult. this is how they trap people: the first test or two is relatively easy then the last ones kill everyone. that way lots of people drop it and have to take it again therefore spending more money on courses.

cant say about the other universities. but UofT is a GPA killer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
Yeah... you guys have a curve to a 67 which is pretty low.... But it's still a curve nevertheless!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

is mcgills curve around a 75 or something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
our final microecon class avg was 58 and they didn't bellcurve it :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of LampShade LampShade
Our curve is 70. So it's not that much better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apple123 apple123
U OF T IS HARD TRUST!!!

EDIT: If you are willing to put in the time and effort you should be fine!

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wat about class participation and presentations?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vincerz vincerz
It's honestly hard to tell unless you've met people who have transferred between schools. And even then it could just be because of the fluctuating difficulty based on that year.

Given the non-stop rant I will accept the likely possibility of UofT being very difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vincerz vincerz

@asian123 wrote
wat about class participation and presentations?

I can't say because it usually changes depending on the year and I don't know many 4th years at other schools. But from what I heard talking to 4th years at JDC Central, Ivey HBA 1&2 has a huge mark allocation to class participation (apparently like 50%) since they emphasize on case learning. Don't know about upper year QC, Schulich or McGill..

Laurier's the only school I know of that incorporates a mandatory integrative case competition into the program. You get 1 week prep for it though, so it's probably nothing like JDC or Royal Roads with 3-4 hours prep (though thats because they've prepared for years).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Can anyone please comment on Queen`s Commerce or UBC Commerce?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111

@apple123 wrote
U OF T IS HARD TRUST!!!

EDIT: If you are willing to put in the time and effort you should be fine!

Good Luck!

i was talking to a senior professor recently and he said that with the increase in students they are going to have to make the curve lower now. he didn't mention what exactly but the reason was many international students are coming in and gettin 4.0s and giving the school an illusion to the world the program is easy. glad im done in april...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
i cant rank unis because i haven't attended all of them , i hear u of t is pretty tough. QC is hard but not realllly hard, but it does have quite a bit of class discussion for those wondering. same goes for Ivey as far as i know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0