yconic - Really BIG funding situation
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Really BIG funding situation

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello
I am in a really big funding situation. I can't get a bank loan to pay for my residence. I need to pay 500 dollars for a security deposit by the end of March and then by June pay all or most of my residence fees. I am unable to get a bank loan because of my parents bad credit and I am trying to find someone else to co-sign for me and thats not working out too well. Is there any grants I can apply for? I haven't been accepted into college yet. I need some advice!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of threepointonefour threepointonefour
Since you aren't registered yet, you may have a problem getting student loans, but another thing to look for is bursaries available in your community and your school. They may not be able to provide funding immediately, but hey, it's money.

Another thing to try is e-mailing residence services at the school you are attending. If you explain your situation, they may be able to defer the pre-payment until later. This would give you a chance to look into your other options.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist

Also, if your financial situation is poor, you can look for need based scholarships and OSAP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Residence won't do anything at the college I am going to. They need 500 dollars by the end of March if I give it to them after March my chances of being accepted into residence are slim. They won't hold off payment for me. I have already asked. OSAP won't do anything until funding gets released in Sept they won't release anything before then

There are not many bursary or grants I can apply for my certificate program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Find a job?
You could easily make 500 dollars in a month.
I mean.. if you can't get any loans or bursaries/grants and you can't borrow from someone.. you don't really have an option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Have you considered finding a job like all people who need money?
Was this helpful? Yes 0