yconic - Recently Accepted Into Pre-Program Management..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Recently Accepted Into Pre-Program Management..

A photo of RohRoh RohRoh
So I found out I got into pre-program management and I have heard that it isn't that good...

Anyways is this UTSC's final offer to me? Or will they possibly upgrade their offer to direct entry to non co-op or co-op after they see my second semester marks?

My first semester marks are uncharacteristically low and I am doing much better this semester. My average 1st sem. was 78% but my top 6 average is bound to go up to low-mid 80s.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of legomaster legomaster

@RohRoh wrote
So I found out I got into pre-program management and I have heard that it isn't that good...

Anyways is this UTSC's final offer to me? Or will they possibly upgrade their offer to direct entry to non co-op or co-op after they see my second semester marks?

My first semester marks are uncharacteristically low and I am doing much better this semester. My average 1st sem. was 78% but my top 6 average is bound to go up to low-mid 80s.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

I also got thrown into pre :(,
my top 6 average was 83 last semester,

lets just hope they upgrade us into the normal program,
because I heard most students in pre get kicked out after the first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93
Hey guys. Where exactly do you check your admission status for utsc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RohRoh RohRoh

@AsianFail93 wrote
Hey guys. Where exactly do you check your admission status for utsc

[url]http://www3.adm.utoronto.ca/php/apptrackbegin.php[/url]

and yeah I heard the same...on the UTSC site it says if we maintain a 3.3 GPA in pre we're automatically in non co-op but I'd still rather get direct entry from high school lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
Pre-management is not worth going for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of TofuForU TofuForU

@arcchit wrote
How hard is it to get that 3.3 CGPA at utsc? This question is for current utsc students. Thanks.

3.3 GPA would probably be around an 85 average in high school but thats an approximation of course really depends on how hard you work for it. I know a lot of co-ops struggling to stay in the program with a min of 2.5 GPA, all our classes must have a C average so profs know how hard to test us on finals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mewko1502 mewko1502
my average right now is 80 so UT gave me a alternate offer to pre program

but after mid term marks go in i think my average would be around 88

do you guys think there is a chance that they would upgrade from pre program to coop mgmt?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of XCEINOX XCEINOX
They can still upgrade it for you, do not be too anxious
Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@TofuForU wrote

@arcchit wrote
How hard is it to get that 3.3 CGPA at utsc? This question is for current utsc students. Thanks.

3.3 GPA would probably be around an 85 average in high school but thats an approximation of course really depends on how hard you work for it. I know a lot of co-ops struggling to stay in the program with a min of 2.5 GPA, all our classes must have a C average so profs know how hard to test us on finals.

3.3 GPA is a 77-79 (Link here)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
I wouldn't suggest the preprogram... as ideal it would be for everybody in it to study hard and to all get into the regular program, reality is that a lot of people probably won't...

Therefore I find it too risky to take the plunge in which you can get nothing in return, especially since it is possible that you might be curved at UTSC (I think).

Good luck with the upgrades though, a high 80 will give you a chance for the regular program! UTSC coop is really good, excellent opportunities!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I also got put into pre-program, with an 83 average. I never knew they had a pre-program, how is it different from the non-coop program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StasLiz StasLiz
I rejected the pre program for ryerson Bcomm.. i think i did a good thing =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of truetrue1010 truetrue1010
Hi,

I am currently in the pre program at UTSC and theres only one thing I can say. I HATE IT! In grade 12, I slacked off big time, too many complications came in the way of studying and my grades showed it. Through out highschool, my average remained 88+, except for grade 12 which was an 85.

With this in mind, despite all the negative review and horrible ratings, i accepted UTSC and that decision is the biggest mistake i have made thus far.

I went to a high school where students mixed with those of other races without a second glance, however, at utsc, that is not the case. Also, I have found it very difficult to be a part of groups outside of school which I am thoroughly interested in and even though i signed up for many, most refused to reply.

The social life at school is very close to not being there as most are very focused on school. My GPA currently is in the 3s however the toll it has taken both on me is something i would never want to live through.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that grades ARE bell curved down, the last semester all my class averages have been a C, which in the case of my electives is close to being impossible. Also do remember that there are only 100 spots for NON co-op management in second year, failing to meet the 3.33 will make it difficult if not impossible to get in.

This is my opinion of the school and program, im sure others are extremely happy with it, but for me, I would never want to go through studying there, a school with barely any place to study, and where your sanity is questioned.

I have applied to transfer out and at this point every other school seems like a better option. I do wish the best for all and looking back I wish I had listened to others warnings before going to UTSC.

Goodluck with the decisions. Take your time, visit campuses and make an informed decision, do not go into it blindly. Trust me, you dont want to be doing this in first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@truetrue1010 wrote
Hi,

I am currently in the pre program at UTSC and theres only one thing I can say. I HATE IT! In grade 12, I slacked off big time, too many complications came in the way of studying and my grades showed it. Through out highschool, my average remained 88+, except for grade 12 which was an 85.

With this in mind, despite all the negative review and horrible ratings, i accepted UTSC and that decision is the biggest mistake i have made thus far.

I went to a high school where students mixed with those of other races without a second glance, however, at utsc, that is not the case. Also, I have found it very difficult to be a part of groups outside of school which I am thoroughly interested in and even though i signed up for many, most refused to reply.

The social life at school is very close to not being there as most are very focused on school. My GPA currently is in the 3s however the toll it has taken both on me is something i would never want to live through.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that grades ARE bell curved down, the last semester all my class averages have been a C, which in the case of my electives is close to being impossible. Also do remember that there are only 100 spots for NON co-op management in second year, failing to meet the 3.33 will make it difficult if not impossible to get in.

This is my opinion of the school and program, im sure others are extremely happy with it, but for me, I would never want to go through studying there, a school with barely any place to study, and where your sanity is questioned.

I have applied to transfer out and at this point every other school seems like a better option. I do wish the best for all and looking back I wish I had listened to others warnings before going to UTSC.

Goodluck with the decisions. Take your time, visit campuses and make an informed decision, do not go into it blindly. Trust me, you dont want to be doing this in first year.

Semi agree semi disagree, utsc does have a reputation of giving out low marks and is apparently composed of mostly asian students. Try hard, and if that still doesn't help, transfer to somewhere that best fit you. Remember what fits u the best is what really matters
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of truetrue1010 truetrue1010

@XCEINOX wrote

@truetrue1010 wrote
Hi,

Semi agree semi disagree, utsc does have a reputation of giving out low marks and is apparently composed of mostly asian students. Try hard, and if that still doesn't help, transfer to somewhere that best fit you. Remember what fits u the best is what really matters

I get what you are saying, but remember that when you transfer, even if you do get the credits, there is alot more at stake, you will be pretty much starting of again from first year with regards to figuring out classes, friends, studying habbits and much much more. In my opinion now, taking pre is far TOOO big a risk.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@truetrue1010 wrote

@XCEINOX wrote

@truetrue1010 wrote
Hi,

I get what you are saying, but remember that when you transfer, even if you do get the credits, there is alot more at stake, you will be pretty much starting of again from first year with regards to figuring out classes, friends, studying habbits and much much more. In my opinion now, taking pre is far TOOO big a risk.

This I totally agree, pre is too big of a risk for too little return. I highly do not recommend it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0