yconic - Recommendation Letters from the Same Teacher?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Recommendation Letters from the Same Teacher?

A photo of JumboJet JumboJet
I'm currently talking to club advisors and teachers for letters to supplement my Schulich application.

Do you think it would make a bad impression on the admissions committee if for example: myself and a friend both get letters from the same teacher?

This is the teacher advisor for our DECA chapter. The thing is, we were both the co-founders of the chapter as we started it up earlier this year. It is by far the biggest in-school activity for each of us. We both want to recognize our work for it.

I'm just wondering if there is really a point of getting a letter to try and sell myself if it's from the same teacher as another applicant that has very similar qualifications as myself???

Any opinions, please?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Doesn't matter. It's the content in the letter that counts, and whether or not it substantiates activities from your activity log. I doubt they would notice that the teacher wrote another letter for someone else anyways, after reading thousands of applications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@aeryn wrote
Doesn't matter. It's the content in the letter that counts, and whether or not it substantiates activities from your activity log. I doubt they would notice that the teacher wrote another letter for someone else anyways, after reading thousands of applications.

I concur. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0