yconic - Recruitment Opportunities At Desautels (McGill Commerce)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Recruitment Opportunities At Desautels (McGill Commerce)

A photo of dandude dandude
So I know the buzz about Ivey revolves around the recruitment opportunities, and same can be said for Queens.
How about McGill; In terms of recruitments are they as strong? How exactly is McGill looked at in the world of recruitments.
I've been accepted to Ivey, Queens and McGill but I prefer the social life of Montreal to that of the a small town... but at the same time I would love to have at least a few job opportunities that Ivey claims to present.
Any help would be great!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo
A lot of the same companies recruit at all of them. If you're one of the top students at any of them, you'll be fine. They're all good schools. My sister did Joint Honours Econ & Finance at McGill and she got onto Wall Street upon graduation and her GPA was only 3.6 and she only had 1 internship experience. In the end, it comes down to you, your interview, and how you present yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
what does she do at wall street? ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo

@jenyouwin wrote
what does she do at wall street? ^

Management Consulting/Financial Analyst
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
Heard it's been going down from two professors (mind you they were from Schulich so extremely biased lol). But a friend of mine works at a fashion magazine as an intern and her colleague graduated from McGill just recently and said McGill wasn't much help at getting a job in that industry and a few others.

But like jessiexo said, be on top of your game and you should do fine anywhere you go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
Heard it's been going down from two professors (mind you they were from Schulich so extremely biased lol). But a friend of mine works at a fashion magazine as an intern and her colleague graduated from McGill just recently and said McGill wasn't much help at getting a job in that industry and a few others.

But like jessiexo said, be on top of your game and you should do fine anywhere you go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0